Menu

What's with the ads?

EssTreeB

K level math workbook ideas for travel

We are going to visit family for about a month and I will be homeschooling while we travel. We currently do RightStart Math Level A (about halfway through) and love it, but it's too many manipulatives to bring. My oldest are only in K, so I'm not too worried about missing a little math, but I would like something easily packable that we can work on together and keep the learning flow. We don't really use tablets for school, but we do have a Kindle fire if there is an especially good app I don't know about. Any recommended workbooks? Thanks!

I’m traveling for around 6 months and plan to use MEP on the tablet with my first grader. Maybe bring a Singapore booklet but doubt it because older child’s books take ALL the room 😂

With one of my kers, I just used the store workbooks that you can get at Walmart for part of the year- the Complete Book of Math or the Complete Kindergarten one. She did fine with that for a few months while we were doing other things. 

Singapore Essential Math doesn’t require any manipulatives, it’s pretty straight forward. Book A may be too easy since they have had some math this year so you could jump into book B.

• Like 1

We used Making Math Meaningful when my kids were little & liked it.

https://www.christianbook.com/apps/easyfind?Ntt=Making+math+meaningful&Ne=0&N=0&Ntk=keywords&action=Search&event=ESRCG

ETA- I don’t really remember using manipulatives but in looking at samples it seems you’ll need too at times. I dont remember them though, ...so they must be very small, basic things.

Edited by mytwomonkeys

Seconding Singapore Essential Math

Horizons, maybe?

We really love BJU, but it might take more room/time than you like. You could always just use the workbook portion alone and skip the TM and all the rest. Or use the online option. It is on sale for $99 right now without all the books. Just a thought.