Menu

Can I get some prayers & good thoughts, please?

Praying for you both. It is so scary and unpredictable when our Type 1s are sick. 

Years ago I learned the Sprite/Gatorade trick -- for serious dehydration or stomach trouble, make up Gatorade powder in Sprite. It's too sweet to drink if you're not sick, but it's really helpful when you are. And you can make it up with diet Sprite or regular depending on blood sugar. 

• Like 1

I just saw this thread and I’m so sorry your son is so sick! He must be miserable and I’m sure you’re so scared! :(

Praying that the Imodium starts working and that he feels much better soon. I’ll also pray that his sugar levels get back to normal.

I hope this is one of those viruses that hits hard at first but goes away quickly.

Do you think they should have admitted him into the hospital?

• Like 1

I'm sorry.   :grouphug:  I'll certainly be praying for him!  My dd was hospitalized recently with the flu and similar symptoms, and put on an IV just to get more liquids in her.  She felt so much better after that.  I hope your ds starts feeling better very soon.  It is scary.

• Like 2

They are transporting him to a children's hospital a little over an hour away. He needs more monitoring and more fluids and apparently our hospital can't admit him unless he's 18+. I'll try to figure out that ridiculousness when all this is over...

He's severely dehydrated, but not in dka which is good. Prayers and thoughts greatly appreciated.

• Like 13