Menu

Any rumors about Beast 2B or Beast Academy Online?

poppy

We are winding up with Beast 2A, and it works well for us.

We could probably switch to 3A, but, 2B is supposed to come out in Feb.

Anyone know what the content might be?

Or know when the online element might come and if it would be a replacement for the books or a supplement?

Thank you.

• Like 2

We are winding up with Beast 2A, and it works well for us.

We could probably switch to 3A, but, 2B is supposed to come out in Feb.

Anyone know what the content might be?

Or know when the online element might come and if it would be a replacement for the books or a supplement?

Thank you.

I wondered the same thing a few months ago and did some digging on their facebook page where they said:

None of what's below is set in stone yet, but it should give you a general sense of what we'll be covering in BA2.

2A

Place Value

Comparing and Ordering

Addition

2B

Subtraction

Expressions and Equations

Problem Solving Strategies

2C

Measurement

Addition and Subtraction Strategies

Odds and Evens

2D

Big Numbers

Algorithms (+/-)

Problem Solving Strategies

Hope this helps!

Please let us know if you have additional questions.

• Like 1

Thank you!

Honestly that content sounds both useful, and .... skippable? I could see  benefits to doing it, and I could see going straight to 3A.

I want my son to be on grade level, he is 7, I can't do 2B, 2C, 2D and all of the 3s by the end of next year. Not sure which way to go.

On the advice of some posters here, when my son finished 2A a while back we spent a few weeks solidifying multi digit subtraction and then went into 3A.  It is working out very well.   I do plan for him to jump back into 2B when it comes out, and then we'll go back and forth between 2 and 3 for as long as the material seems challenging.  If at any point he isn't learning new things in the 2 series then we'll just call it a day with that grade level and just proceed onward from BA3whereverwearethen.    

This is pretty much what I did with my oldest when 3 and 4 were coming out but not quickly enough to be a full program -- we jumped around between BA and Singapore until the latest release from BA (it might be have been 4C?) was no longer challenging and at that point he just started PreA.

We chose to do  Singapore 2a with our 7-year-old after Beast2A.   We (parents) hadn't been diligent enough about assigning math so she was finishing up Singapore 1A IP when Beast 2A arrived.     We bought the Singapore 2A, textbook, workbook and IP.  With the plan of reading the textbook on the couch, then doing just the IP, then backing up to the workbook when/if things get difficult.   Subtraction with renaming was difficult because she kept trying to do it all in her head - insisting on doing it in her head, and doing it wrong.   So, we went back to the workbook for that.  Also, it wasn't really covered in Beast2A.  I suspect that is the only time the workbook will be needed.  Just in general, I figure that a little bit below her level shouldn't slow her down much because it will take less time per page.  

I am a little annoyed that I can't pre-order the rest of Beast 2.