Menu
ATTENTION: Forums search will not work until re-indexing is completed. Please follow these instructions for search

What's with the ads?

laundrycrisis

ISO 6th grade online science

The online course I found isn’t going to work out. I need to find an online science course for 6th or 7th grade that is independent study and self paced, and that covers more than one area of science. This student does not like to just study one area, and all the online courses I found for 6th grade are Earth Science. I am looking for something that is a full year, because if I put him in a half year course, he’ll finish it in a month. Also he is not willing to watch videos unless they are very short, like Brainpop. He will not watch a video lecture every day. He is most interested in chemistry and nuclear physics, but could also use some time with other areas of science as well. Thank you for any suggestions!

Have you looked at Conceptual Academy? They have Physical Science courses, I think a middle school one, short videos (lots, though), online, self-paced. There are high school options also if he needs more challenge? Depth? I'm not sure what the difference is.

Conceptual looks great, and I may use it for a full year course next year, after I decide which books to buy. For right now, I am going to try $10 for a month of Acellus tutoring while he gets used to his new math (ALEKS) and social studies (on campus).

Have you looked at Conceptual Academy? They have Physical Science courses, I think a middle school one, short videos (lots, though), online, self-paced. There are high school options also if he needs more challenge? Depth? I'm not sure what the difference is.

Thank you for this! I was looking for an alternate to BJU science, and I think this will fit my needs.