Menu

Photo thank you cards, ysy or nay?

Prairie~Phlox

We received one as a wedding thank you & working on graduation stuff for my senior, I noticed they have them for a graduation thank you’s as well. Just wondering what everyone thought of these. They are a lot simpler, but is it just an easy way out? It’s better than not sending a thank you at all… Just wondering what y’all thought.

I admit it. We did photo thank you cards with no note. I was grasping at straws just to get them done. I did require that my grads hand them out personally when possible, but I was struggling just to get them done.

I had several comments later in appreciation for the photo thank you cards. Turns out, many times they sent gifts to grads, they never even got a thank you in return.  :(  Anything is better than nothing.

• Like 1

Yay.

Every Christmas card I get I throw out when decorations are put away. Unless it’s a photo card, and that goes in with my photos.

If I received a handwritten card from a grad, it’s ending up in a land fill. Unless it’s a photo card of someone I know. Note or no note, I’d keep the picture and be happy.

• Like 1

I think it's fine, as long as the graduate adds a personal note and signature.  We once got a photo card with a printed thank you and the mother addressed the envelopes, and it felt like the graduate wasn't really involved at all in that process.  So, yeah, just make sure the graduate involves himself with something personal. 

Wedding gift & yes, nothing personal.

Are you related to the bridal couple? For my dad’s relatives it is common for the couple to hand deliver or mail a wedding photo. The couple would call and say thanks when they receive a gift by mail. My dad’s relatives do not have a tradition of writing thank you notes so none is given or expect (in person thanks or thanking by phone is expected so there is acknowledgment).

My mom thought the habit interesting and my parents has an album of siblings, cousins, nephews, nieces, grandnephews’ and grandnieces’ wedding photos. They have some of my dad’s relatives’ graduation photos too.

One of my elderly maternal aunt specifically asked for a photo of my kids instead of a thank you card. She likes photos more than words and it’s easier on her eyes too.

Walmart.com has where you use a nice photo(ex graduation or wedding) & it says “thanks†or “thank you†etc. the one we got from a friend where we gave a gift was an odd shaped envelope, a photo with the bride & groom holding a homemade thank you sign and it was just a regular photo they had printed. It was the first I’d ever seen that & that was last fall. I just noticed the others when I started working on graduation announcements yesterday & saw it was a “thingâ€

I think a photo is great, but you absolutely need to write a thank you note as well.  I would not like receiving a photo if the person could not take the time to write a note. Better to send nothing at at all. I know my 95 year old mother (grandma) would feel the same. 

We use them. I like them. I think people appreciate a photo of a kid with the gift enjoying it and smiling. At least I hope so!!

I use Touchnote. You add a photo to a card or postcard, then add a whole note on the other side. It's like a normal sized card so you can write a normal 3-4 sentence thank you note.

Just a photo with no really thank you note? Tacky.