Menu

What is the best place in the AoPS sequence to take the Math 2 SAT?

You can probably do it after intermediate algebra, too.

Buy the college board math prep book and fill in any holes.

DD changed curricula after AOPS Algebra and geometry. She needed to relearn a few trig formulas and practice, but it wasn't that bad for her despite using what this forum would probably consider a lighter curriculum thereafter.

• Like 1

Thanks! Kiddo is in eighth now so there is no rush... He is doing a science sat 2 this spring, while it is fresh, and I thought it he's there anyway might as well add a second test. I might have him do a test run on math to practice time management, and have him take it for colleges next year.

I'm not sure what your goal is as far as colleges, but keep in mind that some will want to see all tests. So even if you are just considering it practice, it's probably a good idea to prep for it. Honestly, if this is his first SAT subject test, since he is young and has lots of time yet, I'd leave it at science for this year, and do math the following year. Then he can really focus on the prep for the science.

Thanks! Kiddo is in eighth now so there is no rush... He is doing a science sat 2 this spring, while it is fresh, and I thought it he's there anyway might as well add a second test. I might have him do a test run on math to practice time management, and have him take it for colleges next year.

I think you would be fine taking the SAT II after the Intermediate Algebra book. Also, in case you are not aware, if you would like to retain any SAT/Subject Test scores taken before high school, you must submit a written request to the College Board. Otherwise, those scores will be erased from your testing record.