Menu

Things you bought due to the Hive's suggestion- not curriculum!

Peaceseeker

Paula's Choice

CeraVe lotions

Diffuser (I use it as a silent humidifier next to my bed); also the reminder to use a humidifier in winter

Diva cup. A total game changer.

A Lucy yoga top that I adore

Vionics shoes and inserts for PF flare ups

There are so, so many more. All of the above have made such a positive impact--the collective wisdom here is unsurpassed. We should have an official Hive shopping guide!

• Like 4

I can’t remember buying anything based on hive recommendations, but I’ve read a lot of books for fun based on hive recommendations.

However, I have added three things from posts above to my Gift List and I’ll probably get them for myself next Christmas.

Yep, starting a wish list.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

• Like 1

More than I can remember!

Some of them:

A Snuggle-pedic pillow

An Instant pot (via an amazing Amazing sale!) for my dd

D-Mannes supplements (Wow - a lifesaver for me!)

A pad of mini watercolor paper in the shape of a square (can't remember what you call it exactly!)

Many, many books (not curriculum-related!)

And much more than that.  I wish I could remember everyone who recommended them and thank them!

• Like 1

Paula's Choice

CeraVe lotions

Diffuser (I use it as a silent humidifier next to my bed); also the reminder to use a humidifier in winter

Diva cup. A total game changer.

A Lucy yoga top that I adore

Vionics shoes and inserts for PF flare ups

There are so, so many more. All of the above have made such a positive impact--the collective wisdom here is unsurpassed. We should have an official Hive shopping guide!

I can't believe it took til post #54 til someone mentioned the menstrual cup!!!

Awesome, awesome, awesome purchase thanks to the Hive that I rave about to everyone I know irl ... so much so that I have had people ask if I sell them [emoji51]

Sent from my Z988 using Tapatalk

• Like 4

Many books and movie recs (to watch on Netflix)

Speed Queen washer and dryer

Immersion blender

Ticonderoga pencils

Snap Circuits

Microplane zester

Victorinox chef's knife

Corelle baby doll

Shark vacuum

Chafing powder-gel

Stainless steel cookie spatula

Danish dough whisk

Memory foam mattresses

Suspend game

Wool dryer balls

Charlie's soap

Handy caddy

ETA: Oxo pepper mill

and probably more. All have been wins except: the game hasn't been played with much (typical in our house), the dryer balls weren't real effective with static, and I didn't care a lot for Charlie's soap. I would never have found or heard of many of these things outside of WTM. You guys are my go-to reco people. Even my dh now asks me to ask you all about things.

Edited by Jaybee
  • Like 2

Yes! I had one, too!  

I've bought so many things because of you guys!  And they've always been worth it/good buys!

Insta-Pot and my Speed Queen washer were the biggest ones, countless books, recipes, my baking sheets that I love. :)

Link, please!! I'm in need of new baking sheets!

There have been so many. I've been hanging around awhile. Remember the Desk Apprentice?

This is what I have been trying to remember.

I bought 2 of them!  One for me and one for DD.  They were really a lot bigger than I had pictured, and far less useful than I hoped, primarily because they were always in the way.

• Like 2

I can't believe it took til post #54 til someone mentioned the menstrual cup!!!

Awesome, awesome, awesome purchase thanks to the Hive that I rave about to everyone I know irl ... so much so that I have had people ask if I sell them [emoji51]

Sent from my Z988 using Tapatalk

Lol.

I would totally tell everyone too if I wasn't so embarrassed. :)

My Tramontina pots and pans. They're the best pots and pans I've owned (other than my Le Crueset, which I had pre-Hive) and they were super affordable. I really think they're as good as the All Clad for a fraction of the price.

I’m in the market for new sauce pans. Off to check them out. Can I buy these individually or do I have to buy an entire set?

Tell me more!

https://www.amazon.com/Monistat-Soothing-Chafing-Relief-Powder-Gel/dp/B01LXA0KR3/ref=sr_1_4_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1515696864&sr=8-4&keywords=monistat+chafing+relief+powder+gel 

People were saying this works great as a makeup primer. I tried it, but like it more to avoid chafing. My local Walmart carries it generally, but has been out recently. ETA: It leaves a soft, silky feeling to the skin that lasts a long time.

Edited by Jaybee
  • Like 2

https://www.amazon.com/Monistat-Soothing-Chafing-Relief-Powder-Gel/dp/B01LXA0KR3/ref=sr_1_4_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1515696864&sr=8-4&keywords=monistat+chafing+relief+powder+gel 

People were saying this works great as a makeup primer. I tried it, but like it more to avoid chafing. My local Walmart carries it generally, but has been out recently. ETA: It leaves a soft, silky feeling to the skin that lasts a long time.

Oh, I forgot about this one!  I bought it but haven't used it yet.  

I’m in the market for pans. Do you have the stainless steel?

I’m in the market for new sauce pans. Off to check them out. Can I buy these individually or do I have to buy an entire set?

I have the stainless steel - the triple ply, I think? You can get them individually, though I bought a set. And then, I wanted a larger pan, so I bought the largest pan in addition. As I understand it, you can primarily only get them from... Wal-Mart. The prices and availability on Amazon weren't good and you don't see them in stores except Wal-Mart, who the company has some sort of a deal with, as I understand it.

I know All Clad is the brand that everyone aspires to for this type of cookware, but I just wasn't prepared to spend that much and these have really been just as good as compared to the All Clad I've used at family members' homes.

• Like 3

With the exception of books and curricula, I think I have purchased nothing on the recommendation of the Hive.  I can hardly believe that!  But I also can't think of anything I've purchased after reading about it here.

Oh, I did ask for winter stuff recommendations and I might have taken some of that advice, I'm not 100% sure.  I bought Bogs boots for all the kids, not sure if they were recced here or elsewhere on the internet.

• Like 1

I thought of a couple other things...

The California brand of olive oil

A suitcase (can't think of the brand name) that had to be a very specific and unusual size in order to carry a medical device.  Someone was able to recommend the perfect size, and I still have it today!  I especially remember that thread, because someone thought my question was so strange that they thought I was a troll (???).

• Like 1

I missed that thread completely but I will have to took into this products.  My nails snag and rip on every little thing.  I actually ditched all the shaker tops on my spices because I was tired of the damage they did to my nails when I tried to remove them to get the measuring spoon in.  

Things I've bought: the Instant Pot and there is definitely no regrets about that purchase.  I know there have been others but my mind is a complete blank.  I'm sure I will come back and people will mention other things and then I'll be like oh, yeah I bought that too.

ETA Sure enough I knew there were others

Speed Queen

Bosch Dishwasher

some kind of pokey mat thing that you are suppose to lay on.  Can't remember what it is called but it didn't work so good for me.

Bed of nails? 

I don't use mine much since I found Dr. Wonderful (a DO). 

Soul sister!!! Both apply to me as well.

I've decided that I will be buying one at some point in 2018. My goal is to save my pet sitting money to get one. In the meantime, we are all learning to keep the floor picked up daily so when we have the Roomba we won't have to deal with learning that habit and can get right into using easily.

• Like 1

Lol, I think that was from my post!  :) I was asking for reviews. I ended up getting it for my ds. Have you received your first one yet? We are still waiting for ours.

My 9th grade daughter is studying world geography this year, and I thought Universal Yums would be great! We have been receiving them since October and have been really impressed. Our countries have been Belgium, Turkey and a Christmas one with food from several countries. 

• Like 1

Lol, I think that was from my post!  :) I was asking for reviews. I ended up getting it for my ds. Have you received your first one yet? We are still waiting for ours.

There's one that's supposed to go to each of my daughers. but I think it happens next week...hope they like it!