Menu

What's with the ads?

Juliegmom

Getting Started With Spanish

What can I add to this to make it into a full year of introductory Spanish that is high school credit worthy? I've thought about Duolingo, but don't know if that's enough or how I would go about grading. My tentative plan is to move onto Breaking the Barrier for Spanish 1, 2 and possibly 3. Any suggestions?

I found that after my DD#1 covered GSWS, she was prepared for the grammar in the first semester of Spanish 1 and a small amount of the vocab. IMO, I'd have her just go straight into BtB. I liked GSWS, but we started it much earlier (5th grade?) so we could spend as much time as we wanted on it (combined with Duolingo after the first semester).

My dd is going through this book now (8th gr) and it's a great preparation book for Spanish 1, but I wouldn’t use it as part of my class. Maybe you could use it before your high school Spanish class?

• Like 1

Sorry I'm late to the party, but we did GSWS in 1st. Just thought that might be nice to know. :)

The Heart of Dakota program gives 1 credit for a combination of Getting Started with Spanish and the first 5 or 6 Lifepacs from Alpha Omega Spanish 1.  

Edited by Serenade
  • Like 1