Menu

Have you seen Hamilton?

mommyoffive

I’ve never heard the music, and until about 5 minutes ago, reading in this thread, I never knew it was hip hop. I don’t really know what it’s about at all. I mean, I can tell it’s about the Founding Fathers, but until this thread, I didn’t know about the race of the cast or the vision of the story. Actually...I didn’t know it was about the founding fathers. I figured Alexander Hamilton was who it was about, but I still have no clue what it’s *about.*

If the tickets weren’t hundreds per ticket and totally out of reach for me, I’d buy a couple and go without listening to anything else about the show so I could experience it cold. I prefer not knowing anything about a movie before I see it and letting it unravel, so it would be fun.

But since this show is out of reach for me, I’m going to head over to youtube and listen to the soundtrack tomorrow. DH is trying to sleep now, so it’ll have to be tomorrow. :). And then I’ll see if I can find the plot on wikipedia so I can find out what it’s about.

The cast recording and mixtape are on Spotify.

Just saw it two weeks ago! We LOVE Hamilton and I was worried about it not being the original cast, but it was AMAZING PHENOMENAL! WISH I COULD GO AGAIN. lol. We had nose bleed seats for $100 and now I have no money for fun for quite a while but it was totally worth it.

ETA: considering how white theater has been for.ev.er....I'm totally fine with the casting. Didn't throw me in any way. Signed...a middle class mature white woman, but I'm from California so I'm probably just crazy. â¤ï¸

Edited by gracefor5
  • Like 7