Menu

She's going to Spain. I need ya'll to tell me this will be ok.

Ann.without.an.e

I am not quoting the entire thing, it's too lengthy. It looks to me that your frame of mind may have been already predisposed. An annual transportation strike, while inconvenient, is not unique to Spain. French strikes, for example, are notorious. I guess they also must like extending their vacations!

Anyway, I am sorry that some people were not as helpful as they could have. I am not dismissing any of your experiences. However none of them seem that particularly unique to me.

I don't think I had a negative frame of mind when I entered the country.   I was young and 'what do parents know?'   But, it contributed to my determination to never go back. 

It is like when I was a teenager, my parents told me I wasn't allowed to call a boy that I was interested in.  On the 'what do parents know?' philosophy I did it anyway.  Then the next day I saw the boy again and noticed that he had a hole through his front tooth.  A hole straight through the tooth where you stick a toothpick in and it would come out the other side.   What made it worse was that he was convinced I really liked him, since I'd called him, so he was really hard to get rid of.  My reaction was an internal scream, "MY PARENTS WERE RIGHT, AND I'M NEVER DOING THAT AGAIN!"    It wasn't just the hole on the tooth, when my eyes were opened I noticed things like he was the type of person that would spend significant money to get a status vehicle, when his tooth needed work.  

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Great Courses has a sale on their Organic Chemistry class.    I think it was around $50 for the video download.  I thought of your daughter.   I've known smart people to be undone by Organic Chemistry, so I think it is worthwhile to be a little over-prepared/over-studied for it.  

We are holding our breath here, she says she likes it way more than regular chem.  She finds it more logical.  We'll see how she is handling it as exams come along but so far she loves it and is talking about taking Orgo 2 just for fun (not needed for her major at all)   :001_rolleyes: