Menu

cross-post: Can you help me find this book?

I started this thread on the chat board, but thought I'd add it here too, just in case there's someone here who can help.

About 12 - 15 years ago I read a book about some of the cultures in the world with the longest lifespans. It discussed their diets and general way of life.

From memory, I think it covered maybe five different cultures, one of which was the Okinawans in Japan.

I'd love to read this book again, but I have no idea what it's called and Google isn't being very helpful.

Does this ring any bells for anyone?

Thanks heaps for the suggestions, but both of those were published after I would have read the book.

I'm wondering though if it could be an earlier book by Sally Beare. She has one published in 2003.  The Live Longer Diet.

The title doesn't ring any bells for me, but the overall concept and the timing of it works. Could be it, so thank you for pointing me in the direction of Sally Beare!

Thanks heaps for your suggestions, but both of those are too new for what I'm searching for.

It was a work colleague who lent me the book and I left that job in late 2005, so the publication date needs to be before then.

I'm building up a great collection of other books to read, though, so thank you for the suggestions.  :)