Menu
ATTENTION: Forums search will not work until re-indexing is completed. Please follow these instructions for search

I'm sitting here lesson planning our upcoming week, finally getting back into the swing of things after a l-o-n-g Christmas break.

Ugh. I'm now remembering how much I hate planning out the home therapy, how much I hate doing the home therapy, how much I just really don't like being responsible for it all. I just want someone else to do it. I wish he weren't so difficult to teach. I wish I had more patience. I wish I enjoyed homeschooling him. I wish he didn't have to do all the stinkin' therapy and remediation.

Ugh.

Ugh, ugh, ugh.

I'm just burned out on homeschooling a special needs child. I've said it before and I'll say it again: homeschooling my five other children combined is not as draining as homeschooling this one child. It's true.

Must. Keep. Trudging. On...

Edited by Kinsa

:grouphug:

Is there anything you could cut back on? Do therapy a little less frequently? Cut lessons a bit shorter?

It may not be ideal but neither is burn out.

Oh I so know. And the best part is that if you let down your guard and even START to mention the *s* word, someone will go oh yeah, oh yeah, and tell you for weeks that they knew all along it was better and the 30 ways you're incompetent.

These days I'm taking consolation in some comments from El Rushbo:  Don’t rely on anybody else to know more than you know when you are an expert at what you. Do not assume that somebody always knows more. Do not assume that somebody’s smarter than you are.

What makes you feel better on days like this? Me, I go into the gym and move some really heavy weight. Do you get massage? Does anything make it better?

Sometimes more is not better. Like maybe you weren't doing so much but he was still making progress? Maybe you'd redefine priorities for this new season? Or is there a way to shake up how you're doing any of them?

:grouphug:  :grouphug:  I so get it. Homeschooling a special needs kid is to homeschooling NT kids what sending special needs kids to ps is to sending NT kids there. It's so much more work in either setting it makes working with NT children seem practically effortless by comparison. 

... It's so much more work in either setting it makes working with NT children seem practically effortless by comparison. 

LOL But don't tell them that. It's why I lost all my love of homeschooling, my zest, my vip and vim. It's why i'm REALLY GLAD I don't drink, because I'd be a gone for sure alcoholic. 

Things are actually going a little better with ds. It almost restores my hope that we could like homeschooling again. But once you're locked in, once you realize you don't have a really good placement, it's rough. It doesn't look or feel like a Sonlight catalog cover.

Maybe that's why I'm so obsessed with Disney these days? Maybe it's my replacement for the Sonlight cover.