Menu

Planners?

MedicMom

I don’t even know what I need.

I need something that will help me track:

Homeschooling

My own school work(pursuing an M.Ed in special education)

My client base(I am working per diem as a social worker while I transition out of EMS) and the ever present meetings/appointments/sessions with them

My kids’ appointments

My regular daily stuff

My regular job as a paramedic is on a permanent schedule(I work the same days on a two week rotation) so I don’t need anything special for that.

I don’t have the patience to bullet journal. I’m willing to pay up to $60-75 if I can find something that will help track everything in one place. I prefer paper but am open to a good app. I have an iPhone.

Ideas? Suggestions?

I’m addicted to disk bound systems because of their flexibility. I still mostly keep my homeschool stuff separate. Planning for 4 kids takes a big chunk of space for me. But disks make things so easy to customize!

Happy Planner is my favorite, but I play with ARC stuff, too. HP can be a lot cheaper with coupons.

I used a Hobonichi A5 Cousin last year. It's larger than the A6, but has a vertical weekly spread that might be helpful to you. This year I'm using a Jibun Techo (B6 slm size). It has a weekly page, but not a daily page like the Hobonichi. A Midori Traveler's Notebook is another option that would allow you to customize what inserts use. 

Jet Pens has several planners. At the bottom of the page it explains them. 

• Like 1

I love paper planners but I realized I needed something more flexible.  I started using Homeschool Planet (through Homeschool Buyer's Co-op) and shifted everything onto that.  Doctor's appointments, academics, vet appointments, meetings, bill payment dates (for unusual or big bills), general errands, house chores, even reminders for a TV show that DD and I like to watch together are all tracked through HP.  It is wonderful because whenever there is a change it takes just a couple of seconds to shift that item to a different day or change the schedule for the day.  I can set some things up for a specific time and others for a do the next thing.  I can put in things that only occur once a year or month or whatever and I can plan stuff really far out when necessary.  I can print out a paper version for each member of the family that is for the day, week, or month.  I can track each person separately or pull up everyone's schedule at once.  And so on.  I had to have patience getting everything entered but there are great short cuts built into the system.  Once I committed to taking 10-15 a day to add in things in layers it didn't take that long to get the key things put in.  Everything else got added as I had time.  

Honestly, it has been a huge help here.

https://www.homeschoolbuyersco-op.org/homeschool-planet-free-trial/

Maybe a Hobonichi. Though you might also do well with a Travelers Notebook that you can have multiple calendars in so you can separate your life a bit. Or maybe you can do a combination and separate it that way. I personally have a travelers notebook and then I use Homeschool Tracker (discount is available to HSLDA members) for my sons. Homeschool tracker is online. I make my inserts for the Travelers Notebook that fit my needs. I just updated part of mine to reflect the Flylady system for instance. You can find inserts on Etsy that you can either print out at home, or purchase already printed. 

This is a tough one! I wish you luck as you find what works for you and your very busy life! 

I use Plum Paper planner. I added several extra sections - checklist pages, to do list pages, note pages. I liked being able to customize and I find that the weekly spreads have a lot of room.

I like paper planners over digital.

I have a Plum Paper planner, too, and love how customizable it is. Mine has added sections for Home, Meals, and Budget.

I watched a ton of YouTube videos to finally find what worked for me and how to customize them myself. It was worth the time. I’ve thrown away so many planners because they looked great but really didn’t work, and finally am finding myself using the Erin Condren.

I’m an Erin Condren fan. They’re pretty and you can customize (somewhat) the format and add sections. The teacher planner might work for you better than the Lifeplanner. The sections that don’t apply you can label over (like attendance) if you don’t need it and repurpose.

But no matter what, I’d spend time on YouTube watching recent planner reviews. There are so. Many. And chances are you’ll find some video out there that is most similar to what you need. And you can see it without taking a gamble by ordering online.

I did the same thing - read a lot of reviews and watched a bunch of YouTube videos and I settled on the Erin Condren, too. It's new to me as of Jan 1, so I haven't used it for long, but I love having three sections for each day (I use the vertical layout). I also like the note pages in the back. So far I have used one page to track books I read this year, one to track things I want to do in my province, one related to weight and exercise, and one for vacation planning. I did my monthly meal planning in it and am able to break that monthly plan into my weekly plans as well. I feel way more organized already. I've also incorporated some memory keeping in it by journalling in any blank spots and sticking in pictures (I have the HP Sprocket, so I can print out little picture stickers).  

What about Day Designer by Blue Sky.

They have both daily (day per page) and weekly layout option. I prefer the daily one since I need the space for many things I have going on and weekly layout just does not have any where near enough space for it all. I keep school planning separate.

I like the planners by tinyme.com.au  I use the A5 size as it fits in my bag.  I like the vertical grid format.  I get 6 rows / columns, one for each of us in the family + one extra.  I have had planners with names across the top & others with names down the left side & dates across the top.  I prefer the style that has names across the top, but both do work for me.