Menu

Night Sweats and Sleepwear

I don't know what's best, but I wear thin Capri leggings and a thin tee shirt, and sleep with the window open. Throughout the night I stick my legs out or throw off the duvet as needed. Last night I wore pajama shorts (bought in the summer from Target) and slept great. All my sleepwear is cotton. Synthetic wicking material doesn't sound appealing.

I prefer cotton pjs. Polyester just seems to hold the heat and moisture. Also I have learned since having hot flashes that microfiber sheets are evil.

I *might* have splurged and bought a set of these https://www.bedgear.com/shop/dri-tec-moisture-wicking-performance-sheets.html but I was out of town the other night, which was by far the worst episode I have ever had and the reason for posting. That night I woke up in a pool of sweat and decided I had to have different sleepwear for traveling or if these sheets cannot handle a night like that.

• Like 1

I wear sleep pants and a t shirt, and have a sheet and a quilt on the bed. Throughout the night I might shed some or all of my sleepwear and/or bedcovers. Ten minutes later I might put it all back on.  Listening in to learn about a magical fabric that will keep me cool though hot spells AND warm when there's no hot flash. 

I have had to figure out different ratios of pjs/robe to sheet/blanket. If I wear my fluffy pjs, then I need not to wear the robe and need to remove the top blanket.

If I wear my cotton pjs, I need the short threadbare robe (or my arms get cold when they’re out of the blankets) and can put the other blanket back on.

Most of the time my combinations work, but sometimes I still wake up covered in sweat.

Oh, and I start off falling asleep with a hat on my head or I’m too cold to fall asleep, and then have to take it off when I start sweating in the middle of the night. I have a thin hat and a thick hat depending on the temp in the room.

Edited by Garga
  • Like 1

I wear a cotton t-shirt and underwear. I still end up tossing off most of the covers.

This. I can't stand pajamas because I hate having anything on my legs at night and with night sweats it's even worse. A long t-shirt or a nightgown is all I wear. Though they aren't wicking they're cotton, which helps. I'm in and out of the covers all night. I'm the Katy Perry song hot and cold. It drives dh crazy.

This. I can't stand pajamas because I hate having anything on my legs at night and with night sweats it's even worse. A long t-shirt or a nightgown is all I wear. Though they aren't wicking they're cotton, which helps. I'm in and out of the covers all night. I'm the Katy Perry song hot and cold. It drives dh crazy.

My DH gave up trying to share a blanket that kept flying off the bed and has his own.

• Like 1