Menu

s/o LCHF-Type Meal Plans - Sources?

aggie96

I have been reading all the diet/weight loss threads the last few days. There are some highly food-educated bees in the hive! :)

I have been all over Pinterest and researching books on Amazon, but I would like some guidance on sources for meal planning following LCHF-type diet. We don't have to worry about allergy/sensitivity restrictions except not using smoothies or heavy on fish. I have followed these type meals before, but I get in a rut. It gets BORING!

My 12yo daughter and I will primarily be eating these meals (breakfast and dinner). I need to lose weight. She does not but just feels better when the carbs aren't excessive (like I like to eat...mmmm...carbs!). Therefore, nothing needs to be specifically low-calorie. We can be somewhat picky, but if I have some meal ideas, I can modify as needed. I just need some ideas!

In a perfect world, I would love to find some of those 5-day meal plans that are already put together. I just can't seem to find any. I did order that Dr. Fung fasting book for me.

What are y'all's favorites?

The diet doctor website is good, they have some pre-built plans.  Also ruled.me is a good LCHF food blog.

Personally, I find simpler is better.  Eggs of some kind for breakfast.  Meat, veggies or salad (plus starch for the kids) for dinner.   

If you're just getting started, google fat bombs to find some recipes.  These can help you in the first couple weeks when you need a quick boost of energy or a sweet treat.  I like the chocolate peanut butter types.  I found I relied on them heavily in weeks 1-2, then never touched the third batch I made.  

Trim Healthy Mama S meals are LCHF. There are a lot of blogs with THM meal plans that might help. Just Google THM S meals. You don't want the E meals, though; those are the opposite - HCLF.

I agree that THM S meals would be great...and there are tons of recipes on the web. However, I wanted to point out that E meals are not high carb. They have to remain under 45g of carbs, which I don’t consider to be high. They are low fat though. THM E meals are also made using carbs that aren’t as hard on your blood sugar (fruit, sweet potatoes, sprouted grains, etc.).

Dr Kellyann's Bone Broth Diet book has a lot of very simple ideas. I used it for about 20 days and lost a bunch--over 10 lbs. I just sort of reset my weight. You drink bone broth (recipes included) and fast two part-days a week--she recommends fasting from after dinner one day until dinner the next day. It worked well for me. 

However, I can't seem to only eat vegs, 1 fruit a day, and 3 servings (palm-sized) of beer/chicken/fish. No dairy is fine for me, except I missed cheese, but dd is no dairy, so we don't really eat it anyway. 

But to your question--she has plans in the book and about, oh, maybe 30 recipes. She does have a cookbook, too. Her turkey chili is now a staple--I LOVE it. It has smokey paprika and no beans in it. :-)

I wouldn't spend $ on it, but found it at the library. 

Edited by Chris in VA

Carbs don't taste as good if you remove the sugar and salt.  It's a lot easier to avoid them then. So if you drastically reduce sugar and salt from your diet, you will have to look for tasty flavour from other sources, such as fat, fresh produce, herbs, and other fresh ingredients. 

Edited by wintermom
  • Like 1