Menu

spell check help

Melissa in Australia

I am dyslexic. I cannot recognize my spelling errors. I rely heavily on spell check. why has spell check stopped working on this forum? Is there a way to turn it back on ?  

I am starting to write everything out in word then paste here, Which is time consuming and kills the desire to respond to threads.

This one is an old reply on the Google forum for Windows 10 and Chrome. Hopefully the steps quoted works for you https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!topic/chrome/divA8y0L4jI;context-place=forum/chrome

“Open Google Chrome Browser.

Click on “Chrome Menu†icon at the top right corner of the browser window (Right to address bar of the Google Chrome) and choose “Settings†to open Settings window of Google Chrome. OR

Type “chrome://settings/†(without quotes) in the browser address bar and hit “Enter“.

Scroll Down the Horizontal Scroll Bar till last and choose “Show Advanced Settings…“

Again Scroll down the Horizontal Scroll Bar till “Languages†Section.

Click on “Languages and input settings“. A pop up will appear for the Languages

Tick on the check box “Enable Spell Checking†at the end of the open pop up

Now Choose the language that you want to enable for spelling check on the left side of the pop up.

And click on “Use this language for spell checking†on right side of the pop up.

Chrome will download the spell dictionary for that language. You have to manually do the same for each language that you want to enable spelling check

Also Check: How To Add A Language To Chrome

After you complete click on “Done“.

That is it. Now the chosen languages are available for spelling check in Google chrome.â€

• Like 1