Menu

Our son goes in for wisdom teeth removal today....

Prairie~Phlox

If it was just a few sips it will be fine. When I went in for oral surgery, I took my normal morning medicine before my appointment and had to drink a little water for that. I was put to sleep for the procedure too. 

I bet he does fine. All 3 of my kids have had their wisdom teeth removed and all did well with it.

• Like 1

Thankfully it's a quick surgery. Both of mine were miserable that day, and then it got better and better. It's easier when you're younger because they're not as tough to get out, and you heal faster.

My oldest is headed to boot camp in a few weeks. We've heard that they routinely pull out the wisdom teeth and then send you right back into training a few days later. Better to get it done before then when you can take it easy! 

Edited by G5052
  • Like 1

Dd had hers out in November. First day was rough. Second day should have been a lot better--we learned by the end of it that she doesn't tolerate oxycodone well. Lots of nausea and dizziness that went away after the painkillers cleared her system (she took only 1 the second day, and I think 3 the first day. Just ibuprofen after that.) Other than that, smooth recovery with no complications.