Menu

Rejoice with me in a milestone . . .

Jenny in Florida

Congratulations to you and your son! Good to celebrate every success! And you know, it's good for him to have a learning experience like this at the CC rather than later at the 4 year school. Life is full of things we all could have handled better. Encourage him to learn from it and move on. Sounds like a great end to a difficult semester! 

• Like 1

Jenny, I have seen all the posts on how hard it has been on you to get him this far. Good job to you for sticking out the hard mom job scaffolding him to this point. (I would have given up on him at the last speedup!) What a reward!

• Like 4

That is wonderful, Jenny!  I'll take anything I can get, here. : )  The organizational skills needed to manage finances and school don't seem to kick in here until aged 25, no matter how academically capable mine are, so I sympathize.  Two of mine graduated by the skin of their teeth and we haven't known if they were going to until the very last final was graded.  The third didn't go to college until he was 21 and hence did a bit better at being consistent.  Graduation is good!

Nan

• Like 2

Congratulations! Sometimes I think people don’t realize how hard it can be to parent and guide the highly able, motivated i. Their own direction kids!

Right?

Sometimes, when I talk about my son, I think people are left with the impression that he's some kind of slacker, which isn't it. At all. He's super energetic and capable and talented and smart and driven . . . just not interested in directing all of that towards school or most traditional "jobs."

• Like 4

Right?

Sometimes, when I talk about my son, I think people are left with the impression that he's some kind of slacker, which isn't it. At all. He's super energetic and capable and talented and smart and driven . . . just not interested in directing all of that towards school or most traditional "jobs."

Ug. Tell me about it.  And it doesn't necessarily get any easier as they get older.

Nan

• Like 1