Menu

Bright Ideas Press Academy - online English 1 - any reviews?

I think this class spun off from the Landry closing a year ago. (Was it only a year ago? It seems longer.) So, there might not be many who have used this version.

Something else to check into might be a similarly named class at Big River Academy. Those classes tend to be less expensive but also spun off from Landry. (Excelsior also might have a similar course, but I don't know if it will be less expensive.) Both sites should have a little more description. Plus, I would recommend emailing teachers with questions.

We have not taken any writing classes from these providers. It has been tough to find good teachers and good writing classes, in general, without breaking the bank. (If you had $$ to spare, I do know of a fantastic teacher, but she's much pricier than these options.)

If you go with Big River, avoid Ellen Scoggins as your instructor. My ds just finished a semester long class with her that has been a complete disaster. As in, she never graded the final drafts for this composition class or much of anything else. I complained to Big River and was told to take it up with the teacher, then was told she had medical issues, but in the end nothing has been done to give my ds any feedback on his writing. Complete waste of money and Big River has done nothing to rectify the situation.

• Like 2