Menu

What's with the ads?

regentrude

I MAY be having a party

Aww we'd come! We seriously almost never get invited over to folk's house Like only one of our friends ever have us over as a family. So we are hosting a new group tomorrow. I think dh's allergies intimidate folks (although we can bring food). Or the 4 kids or that he's the pastor. Who knows and I'm not bitter about it or anything--I just kinda wanna go to someone else's house for dinner or games or brunch. So I'd come and make friends!

But probably everyone is actually busy. Because we are having folks over (who probably will never invite us back. Lol)

And OP--I'm with you. We have a huge boy scout Eagle Court of Honor next week and I'm having trouble getting RSVPs.

Well if you happy to live in Maryland - you're absolutely welcomed to come anytime to play games. And we even accomodate allergies pretty well, usually!

As for regenetrude - I expect she is having a great time with friends! In my little world, it'd be terribly rude to be online posting about a party while hosting said party. :) Though some exceptions could be allowed.

• Like 3

I’m glad you had fun with those who came, but it was stinky more people didn’t give you responsesone way or the other :(

• Like 1

Well if you happy to live in Maryland - you're absolutely welcomed to come anytime to play games. And we even accomodate allergies pretty well, usually!

As for regenetrude - I expect she is having a great time with friends! In my little world, it'd be terribly rude to be online posting about a party while hosting said party. :) Though some exceptions could be allowed.

Alas! I *wish* I lived in Maryland!  I grew up in DC and met dh there and we would love to be in Maryland. 

• Like 1

I hope some people turned up.  Lemon Tassies sound amazing.  Onion tart ...  I'm trying to imagine how those ingredients would taste together, but I can't.  I am intrigued though... by custard, do you mean actual custard - like the milky sweet dessert kind? 

• Like 2

Onion tart ...  I'm trying to imagine how those ingredients would taste together, but I can't.  I am intrigued though... by custard, do you mean actual custard - like the milky sweet dessert kind? 

A quiche is a custard tart too: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Custard#Custard_variations

Custard is a variety of culinary preparations based on a cooked mixture of milk or cream and egg yolk.

• Like 4

RSVP literally means "please respond" . Without a disclaimer "only if you plan to attend".

I wonder if people today (not us, of course) think RSVP means Regrets Only, when "Regrets Only" means "Regrets Only." 

Threw a double graduation party for my kiddos (one graduated from college, the other from high school) and had similar problems w/ responses to R.S. V. P.