Menu

Favorite podcasts for fitness, health, diet, weight loss, etc.

Greta

With so many people mentioning goals in this area for the new year, I thought it might be fun to talk about some of our favorite podcasts.  I like to listen to podcasts while I'm doing my chores, or while I'm walking or hiking.  It can be a fun way to stay motivated.  

I think my overall favorite is probably Rich Roll, because he has such amazing guests on his show.  He talks about health and fitness with experts in those fields, and more than that, he also just talks about how to have a good life.  

Also, for any other vegans reading this, I really like Colleen Patrick-Goudreau's "Food for Thought" and I would appreciate any other vegan podcasts you might be able to recommend.

So, what are your favorites?

When I’m running, the last thing I want to think about is fitness. This American Life distracts nicely.

I can understand that.  When I'm doing boring gym cardio I need a novel on audio to make it bearable.  But when I'm walking or doing chores, I like podcasts about health and fitness.  I've heard of This American Life but never actually listened to it.  I'll check it out!

Lindsey Nixon can annoy the crap out of me and she relies heavily upon Brian Wansink whose research and findings which lately have been questionable. I have mixed feelings on this, but I have enjoyed her “Shortcut to Slim†podcast. I ignore that she uses it to sell her meal plans. I just like the discussion. Take what you can use, leave what doesn’t work kind of thing.

Otherwise, No Meat Athlete Radio might be interesting for you Greta. Jill Runs on Plants also has some suggestions you might find intersting - http://jillrunsonplants.com/top-podcasts-vegan-runners/

• Like 1

These are videos, not podcasts, but really informative. Some are specific to bariatric surgery patients but plenty are not...I really liked the one on Non Exercise Activity Thermogenesis for instance. And there is one on the commonalities among people that actually keep the weight off that was super helpful. 

• Like 1

Lindsey Nixon can annoy the crap out of me and she relies heavily upon Brian Wansink whose research and findings which lately have been questionable. I have mixed feelings on this, but I have enjoyed her “Shortcut to Slim†podcast. I ignore that she uses it to sell her meal plans. I just like the discussion. Take what you can use, leave what doesn’t work kind of thing.

Otherwise, No Meat Athlete Radio might be interesting for you Greta. Jill Runs on Plants also has some suggestions you might find intersting - http://jillrunsonplants.com/top-podcasts-vegan-runners/

Thanks!