Menu

Kindergarten for the 6th time-anything new?

pocjets

The Reading Lesson is a newer great primer for K, but I also love TYCTRin100EL. Also My Fathers World K is also fabulous, but with 8 children what I love the most (the unit study of science/Bible) would rarely get completed due to time teaching older children. I have 6 and if I had the time MFWK in its entirety is what I would do for K, every time I talk about it I think maybe I could find the extra hour daily-please somewhere-lol. I loved MFW with my oldest.

To be bluntly honest I think your choices are spot on! You could alternate math with a thinking skills book and adding a craft book to practice cutting/pasting/gluing would hit some commonly overlooked skills.

Brenda

Edited by homemommy83
  • Like 1

My daughter and I really enjoyed the new CLE Kindergarten books.(Actually, the workbooks have been published for a few years but the TG is new and adds more meat to the program

They were a hit here as well, sorry I forgot to mention them.  I did The Reading Lesson right after doing these.  I didn't have the manual, but would get it next time. I would love to see a KI.

Brenda

We have 8 kids and I’m about to start teaching Kindergarten for the 6th time. Anything new I should consider/think about? We normally do Horizons for math, 100 Easy Lessons, ETC, handwriting.

we just started K for our 6th also. :-)) using the same stuff that has worked for all!! figure if it ain't broke... LOL!