Menu

I have now seen it all (MLM content)

DawnM

Worst I saw was a "fabulous offer" from a rep for a book company.  They were doing a summer reading program where your kid could earn free books!  Just get your family and friends to sponsor your kid and give a set amount based on how many books they read, and then turn the money over to the rep who will order books for you.

Nope.  Nope. Nope. Nope.

I've become slightly jaded to those who are...........passionate......about their sales.

• Like 3

At least you received a free sample to soften the blow of Christmas wishes really being a sales motivator. Focusing on the silver lining. Goals for the new year.

I know they will follow up with me, that is the problem.  They have in the past with other things they have tried to sell.

I will have to figure out how to handle it.

I know they will follow up with me, that is the problem. They have in the past with other things they have tried to sell.

I will have to figure out how to handle it.

Smile, nod, and remember "no" is a complete sentence. Nothing else required even if pushed.

Or avoid answering their phone calls. Or, when sales pitch starts shout out "what was that, honey? I'll be right there. Got to go."

• Like 2

I do feel bad for them.  I know they struggle financially and are trying desperately to make ends meet.  I have tried many times to bring up that this is not the way to do it (I have just told anecdotal stories of how I, and others,  have LOST money on these MLM sales things and how I don't know anyone who actually makes money with them.)  I have also expressed that I do not like them.