Menu

Flylady support thread for Tuesday December 26...

3 ladybugs

Good morning Flyminds! 

Welcome to the Flylady support thread. To find out what Flylady is: http://www.flylady.net/ You can also find people on YouTube if you search for it.

We have completed the baby steps found here: http://forums.welltr...nday-october-1/

We have also completed a Building a Control Journal series found here: http://forums.welltr...-16-tue-oct-24/

If you would like to share your small accomplishments on instagram, please do so at #wtmflylady

We will start the baby steps again January 1, 2018! So if you are a lurker, find us then!

This week the Flylady is focused on Zone 5 the Living Room. 

Tuesday - Planning Day - This could be anything that needs to be planned. Meal planning, lesson planning, activity planning, holiday planning, or anything else.

Today's Mission (We only have missions Monday through Friday): For today really take a look at the knick-knacks and decorative items that you have in the living room. Could you declutter any of these?  Do you have too many cutesy things that  are really just dust catchers?  Things that don't really bring you joy but have been there for so long that you don't even realize that they are there?  Your mission is to take 5 minutes to get rid of anything that you don't love or use in your living room/family room. 

For those of you that might ask me about things that people have given you that you feel an obligation to display:  my answer is simple, you are under no obligation to have anything in your home that you do not love or use.  This is YOUR home!!  Release yourself from the guilt and obligation.  Life is too short to live in guilt 
purgatory.  You are FLYing!

Fly Kids Mission (We only have missions Monday through Friday)Today we are going to do something that might be hard but that is okay. You can do this! You are going to go look in your rooms for 11 toys that are either broken or missing pieces that need to be thrown away. Get a trash bag and toss them!

Holiday Clean Up missionFor today, put away all of the wrapping paper, bows, tags, tape etc. Don't just stuff them somewhere! If they don't have a home, then make a home for them. Throw away the scraps that you stuffed into a box and shoved into the closet right before the Holiday, don't ask me how I know that, just trust me that I know!

Take 15 minutes to do this! You will feel great when this one thing is accomplished!

If you are new to Flylady, please join at any time. There is no better time then now to learn to keep your house clean the easy way! 

Edited by 3 ladybugs

So I ended up getting some stuff from this Etsy store yesterday. https://www.etsy.com/shop/PrintsComeTrue?ref=l2-shopheader-name I didn't have time to really play with it, but I am going to today. My hope is that I could combine everything into a monthly calendar/habit tracker for my travelers notebook. There is a problem I didn't know I had, but that could help simplify things for me and that is always a good thing. :) For $12 I couldn't really say no. 

Today is a normal day for us... albeit with DH home. I did get a load of laundry done yesterday (yay me!) and I plan on continuing that today. With DH home this week I will have a day off from laundry this week as 1 day is set aside for his work clothes in my rotation schedule. 

Well I guess that brings me to my list... which I haven't thought about really today.

• breakfast
  • lunch
  • dinner
  • snack
  • update blog
  • splice together Christmas videos
  • laundry
  • grade those silly papers
  • lesson plan
  • make travelers notebook insert
  • move clutter to basement
  • return light to Costco
  • get DS to do German homework
  • have fun

I think that is enough for today. :)

• Like 1

I'm feeling very lazy this morning. I hope I feel more productive later.

Zone Cleaning first

--Sweep under sofas

--Dust piano and knicknacks

--Dust mantel and knicknacks

Laundry

Take down Christmas tree and put away all decorations and boxes/bags/tissue

My bathroom tidy

Wipe down stove and kitchen counters

Dinner is easy. We bring in Chinese food on Tuesdays

• Like 1

Finally, Diane in Denmark is going through the steps for holiday clean up. Today, I’ll put away the bows, ribbon, and tissue paper that can be reused.

I didn't see that but I did see the holiday clean up in my inbox today. I thought about posting it but didn't want to get people confused. Maybe I should.  :thumbup:

• Like 1

3ladybugs-please tell me how the stuff from Etsy works out! What sheets did you buy? I looked at it yesterday when you posted it, I got a little bit of Christmas money burning a hole in my pocket, lol.

Today's schedule:

Breakfast

Lunch

Dinner

Take meds., done

Clean litter boxes, done

Load of laundry, done

Take boys to library for a couple of classes we signed up for

Edited by mama25angels

3ladybugs-please tell me how the stuff from Etsy works out! What sheets did you buy? I looked at it yesterday when you posted it, I got a little bit of Christmas money burning a hole in my pocket, lol.

I got:

• Daily Health Planner - I needed a daily scheduler and I normally have the 24 hour clock on my phone (a side effect of my kids taking German, they use the 24 hour clock). 
  • Daily Routines - For Flylady
  • Weekly Routines - For Flylady
  • Zone Cleaning - For Flylady
  • To Do list - This is actually redundant. I didn't need to get it in hindsight

Today I have been trying to get my insert for my travelers notebook done but I must be tired as I have failed twice now. Grr!! I am blaming holiday brain. LOL

I can see how this is going to help me a lot though! That is once I get it into my notebook!