Menu

Hits and misses?

Night Elf

What?! There is a JUMBLE CALENDAR? It's out of stock on the 'Zon now, but I just ordered it. I'm practically a Jumble savant!  :lol:  Love this. One of the few things I miss about no longer taking the local newspaper. Thanks for this!

We like Jumbles, too, and I hear you on missing it after canceling the paper.

Book Depository still has the 2018 Jumble calendars in stock; you can see them here.  Shipping from the UK might take a week or two or ....

...I gave DH this, (it was on sale and I had a GC, so paid ~$20) but added my name after his on the "to" part of the to/from tag. The series is funny, but you only watch the whole thing to get to season 4's "Italian for Beginners" (funniest thing I've ever seen on a TV show) and "Bad Boys" (to appreciate That Line - and Moss! I :001_wub: Moss!) Warning: episodes and themes and lines can be a bit blue.

In general, I only rarely watch visual media; however, this looks like something my husband might enjoy.  Our library has several seasons of the show, so I've put it on hold.  Thank you, Angie!

Regarding The Martian: you do realize that Matt Damon's uniform resembles a certain droid, don't you? 

That is amusing!  Thanks for sharing the links.

Regards,

Kareni

• Like 1

Book Depository still has the 2018 Jumble calendars in stock; you can see them here.  Shipping from the UK might take a week or two or ....

In general, I only rarely watch visual media; however, this looks like something my husband might enjoy.  Our library has several seasons of the show, so I've put it on hold.  Thank you, Angie!

Regards,

Kareni

I will wait for it to be restocked by Amazon. It will not be a problem to do more than one page in a day if it comes later in January. ;)

Let me know what your DH thinks of it. A friend whose taste lines up w/ mine on most TV shows and movies never got into it. Maybe Chris O'Dowd doesn't slay her like he does me? She likes him, though. Regardless, she quit watching before she got to "Italian for Beginners". Tsk, tsk, tsk!

• Like 1

Am I allowed to do that? 

I have to say, she'd be thrilled by the extra 'traffic' through her shop, sales or no sales.

Other people on the forum have links in their signature to their blog or whatever.  I'm not a moderator and I'm not sure what the rule is about that.

I am, however, interested in a link to the book that you purchased.  My dd13 is a beginner quilter and may want to set up a shop one day.

• Like 2

Other people on the forum have links in their signature to their blog or whatever.  I'm not a moderator and I'm not sure what the rule is about that.

I am, however, interested in a link to the book that you purchased.  My dd13 is a beginner quilter and may want to set up a shop one day.

The book is called Starting an Etsy Business for Dummies.

https://www.bookdepository.com/Starting-Etsy-Business-For-Dummies-Kate-Shoup/9781119378969

It is really comprehensive but easy to read. It's full of lots of fun puns which is an added bonus  :)

My daughter's area is crochet. She is self-taught and makes things like hair scrunchies, bookmarks and amigurumi toys. She's got herself to the point where her products are of a quality good enough to sell.

In the last couple of days she's really been enjoying thinking about the design of her Etsy shop and learning about how to best photograph her wares. The book covers all of this.

Maybe once she has a few more listings I'll be cheeky and add a link. I'll have to figure out how to add a signature thingy down the bottom.  :blush:

I don't know. A link to a blog seems quite different to a link to a shop. I don't want to cross any lines.

• Like 3

The book is called Starting an Etsy Business for Dummies.

https://www.bookdepository.com/Starting-Etsy-Business-For-Dummies-Kate-Shoup/9781119378969

It is really comprehensive but easy to read. It's full of lots of fun puns which is an added bonus  :)

My daughter's area is crochet. She is self-taught and makes things like hair scrunchies, bookmarks and amigurumi toys. She's got herself to the point where her products are of a quality good enough to sell.

In the last couple of days she's really been enjoying thinking about the design of her Etsy shop and learning about how to best photograph her wares. The book covers all of this.

Maybe once she has a few more listings I'll be cheeky and add a link. I'll have to figure out how to add a signature thingy down the bottom.  :blush:

I don't know. A link to a blog seems quite different to a link to a shop. I don't want to cross any lines.

Good Luck to your daughter.

Thanks for the link.  Dd13 just started quilting this summer and has already made 5 small quilts.  They have all been given as gifts.  She really enjoys crafting, even though I'm certainly not a crafter.  

• Like 3

Regards,

Kareni

If you're a Netflixer, Mr. Kareni can watch The IT Crowd there. Right now *all* the episodes are on there! Remember, if he tries a few episodes and thinks it's only mildly amusing, have him watch Series 4, Episode 4 "Italian for Beginners". There are a couple of blue references in it, but the rest is pure gold. 

:lol:

• Like 1

If you're a Netflixer, Mr. Kareni can watch The IT Crowd there. Right now *all* the episodes are on there! Remember, if he tries a few episodes and thinks it's only mildly amusing, have him watch Series 4, Episode 4 "Italian for Beginners". There are a couple of blue references in it, but the rest is pure gold. 

:lol:

I'll have to inform my husband that he's been dubbed Mr. Kareni; that will give him a chuckle, Angie.

We do not have Netflix, but I'm fortunate that the library seems to have the first few seasons of The IT Crowd.  Blue references will not be an issue, but I do appreciate the warning.

Happy new year to you and yours, Angie!

Regards,

Kareni

• Like 1

I'll have to inform my husband that he's been dubbed Mr. Kareni; that will give him a chuckle, Angie.

We do not have Netflix, but I'm fortunate that the library seems to have the first few seasons of The IT Crowd.  Blue references will not be an issue, but I do appreciate the warning.

Happy new year to you and yours, Angie!

Regards,

Kareni

LOL. That's kind of my thing. I started it many moons ago, probably starting w/ Mr. Ellie and now it's even part of Ellie's vocabulary. What a coup!

I hope they have series (we call them seasons) 4 at your library. If not, it just might be on YT. It's best to start at the beginning, of course. 

/obsessing

• Like 1

We didn't really have any big gifts this year, but I was also thankful for the unique gifts thread Kareni started.  My 16 year old ds is hard to shop for, but I bought him the Illustrated World Encyclopedia of Knives, Swords, Spears, and Daggers, as well as  The Knight Book:  Warfare by Duct Tape, both of which were recommended on that thread.  Both were huge hits!  He has spent a lot of time making weapons for all his younger siblings so everyone can "duel" out of about $20 worth of PVC pipes, insulating foam, and duct tape. So fun!

• Like 4

...  My 16 year old ds is hard to shop for, but I bought him the Illustrated World Encyclopedia of Knives, Swords, Spears, and Daggers, as well as  The Knight Book:  Warfare by Duct Tape, both of which were recommended on that thread.  Both were huge hits!  ...

Yay!  I'm happy to hear it, Claire.

A very happy new year to you and yours ~

Regards,

Kareni