Menu

A dead phone, and late cinnamon buns

marbel

Guess I am getting a new phone for Christmas.  Mine died last night, just up and died completely, and after research and messing with it a bit, my husband said it is gone.  

And, I overslept by nearly 2 hours past my usual wake-up time, which means we won't be having cinnamon buns at 9 am as planned. I made the dough last night and put the shaped buns in the fridge, planning to take them out at 7 for their second rise. They are out now, but have a long way to go.  Oh well, brunch!

How is your Christmas morning going?

Merry Christmas!

Edited by marbel
  • Like 1

So sorry! We are expecting blizzard conditions today. Thankful for 4 wheel drive and that we only have to travel a couple miles to our son’s house.

Cinnamon rolls. Heat your oven to 200 degrees. Turn off and put your pan in the oven. They’ll raise a lot faster.

• Like 3

Sorry about your phone. I suggest that you look at Motorola cell phones. That's what our neighbor (he is an Electronic Engineer and has worked for a major cell provider for 20+ years) usually buys.  He has also bought some Samsungs over the years, but there is a lot more "bang for the buck" with a Motorola. His current phone is a Motorola.  Except for my very low end Samsung, all the phones in our house are Motorola or Lenovo (Lenovo owns Motorola Mobility).  Merry Christmas!

• Like 2

This year 13yo dd (youngest and most Christmas focused of the dc) suggested we do our gift opening later. Like in the afternoon. Crazy, huh? So dh and sons went to the state park for a morning run. I slept in so our cinnamon buns are late too. I like this more relaxed approach to the day's events. Later we'll probably go out for Chinese and a movie. And I'll make salad for dh's lunch tomorrow. That's it!

Happy Christmas to all!

• Like 1

It is 9:00, and everyone is still sleeping. Gone are the days of kids waking up, bleary eyed, and excited for the day to begin--at 6:00 a.m.! I do have a few more presents to wrap, which are in my bedroom, so my husband WILL be waking up soon!

I thought we were past that but my three oldest, two of which are teens, were up and chattering in their rooms at 4:30 am. Loud enough to wake me. I was not happy. Then my nephew who lives in a different time zone started texting my son at 5:30. And the almost-5 yo slept until nearly 8. Go figure.

• Like 1

Sorry about your phone. I suggest that you look at Motorola cell phones. That's what our neighbor (he is an Electronic Engineer and has worked for a major cell provider for 20+ years) usually buys.  He has also bought some Samsungs over the years, but there is a lot more "bang for the buck" with a Motorola. His current phone is a Motorola.  Except for my very low end Samsung, all the phones in our house are Motorola or Lenovo (Lenovo owns Motorola Mobility).  Merry Christmas!

Agree.  We got all Amazon Prime motorola phones and love them.

• Like 1