Menu

baking up a storm

SparklyUnicorn

Looks good!   I'm doing less baking than usual this year.  I made a batch of toffee last night (OK, not baking) but today it's too humid - it never works right on a humid day. I still have to make knockoff Starbucks cranberry bliss bars, and some almond/orange/chocolate bark (again, not baking).  That might be it for this year.  My son and I were going to make pfeffernusse cooking but I've been sick and they need some time to age, so... Aldi had some :-) .  We don't really take cookies around to people, and this year I'm not having a Christmas party, so don't need vast quantities.  Like hearing about everyone else's bounty though!

• Like 1

I baked a couple of weeks ago so I could send stuff to my dad and FIL.  Now I want to bake for us! But we keep getting gift baskets with sweets in them- very sweet of our family and friends but there are only four of us. And darn it, I want my Christmas Cookies!

We have multiple fudge varieties, peanut brittle, pecan brittle, pralines, divinity, peppermint bark, and another large box just arrived and I know it's something edible. 

I think I'm going to make cookies and hope this other stuff can hold. I know the brittles and bark will. 

I know I sound ungrateful but really I'm not. It's just that we hardly ever have sweets in the house so usually when I make cookies it's a real treat. But with all this other stuff...

We have NEVER received more than one or two sweets as gifts.  

• Like 2

Yum!! I baked banana chocolate chip muffins yesterday but I want to make some other stuff too. I know I want lemon bars but I don't know what else. I tried almond crescent cookies but I didn't like them.

Banana chocolate chip are my very favorite!  Too bad you didn't like the almond crescents. I love almost anything almond!

• Like 2

We woke up today to our furnace not working.  So to compensate, I moved my baking day from tomorrow back to today and have a huge bot of soup cooking on the stove. I will also be starting my dehydrator after lunch (full of pineapple).  Between the 3 we are compensating for the lack of heat quite nicely and I'm getting stuff done that needed to be done anyways.  

• Like 4

I made 4 dozen + caramels last weekend!  My kids are completely chowing down this year.  Other years, we take trays a few places, have a tray at home X-mas and I'd be throwing a bunch away after the holidays.  I had to hide some for X-mas eve when we're at home hosting!  Teenagers!

Edited by WoolySocks