Menu

some good news about the amtrak crash

gardenmom5

Two years in prison?? Did I read that correctly? What a sicko.

I really, really wish I hadn't read any details about this guy.   http://komonews.com/news/local/mom-says-son-killed-in-amtrak-crash-had-turned-his-life-completely-around

I feel sorry for his mother.  She believes that her son was "duped" by the Dutch ringleader of the online pedophile group.  But who knows, since her son's record was sealed.  

It's so awful to read about these crimes.  My daughter is especially vulnerable, and this article is just one more reason why I worry that she could be abused...even by someone she could meet in an autism group!   Or in this case, the guy had been working at a medical place that treats people with autism!    I don't know how he could be allowed to work in that setting since he was a registered sex offender because everyone knows even "supervision" is prone to human error.  But then one of our local public high schools also allowed a student sex offender to attend the same school where there was an autism program, with no parental notification because of his privacy of course.   (He wasn't in the program but he sexually assaulted one of the girls in that program.)

Again, I really really wish I hadn't read about him.  His death doesn't bring me any comfort because I know there are plenty of other potential abusers still breathing.    

What terrifies me about this story is my cousin's child (a teenager) is going on that route today. :( I hope she isn't sitting next to someone sketchy. 

My advice would be...don't ever sleep when you're traveling alone. 

Just reading the local news makes me wonder if I live in the pervert capital of the world.  https://www.seattletimes.com/business/boeing-aerospace/i-just-wanted-off-the-plane-sexual-assaults-often-unreported-by-airlines-so-seattle-woman-starts-campaign/

• Like 2

My advice would be...don't ever sleep when you're traveling alone

Just reading the local news makes me wonder if I live in the pervert capital of the world.  https://www.seattletimes.com/business/boeing-aerospace/i-just-wanted-off-the-plane-sexual-assaults-often-unreported-by-airlines-so-seattle-woman-starts-campaign/

this.

I've read more stories of people who fly than take a train, though buses might be more probable too.

but I think the per capital is probably DC or Hollywood.