Menu

GaH!!!!!! Dangblabbit updates

Seasider

Why oh why when I turn my computer on to grab an immediately needed document - which I have come home for on a quick lunch break - does it pick NOW to tell me that there are a gazillion updates. And that "this will take a while."

I am going to put everything on a flash drive once I get this stupid thing opened. Sadly now I must wait because this laptop is the only place holding that particular word document. I can feel my blood pressure rising.

Hopefully, it will all work okay once you get the battery charged.  With the most recent update, my computer somehow lost the most recent Office software package installed and only has the starter available.  I can't open documents from my directory anymore; I have to open Word first and search for the documents there.  :glare:

Well I got my laptop opened just long enough to grab the doc and email it to myself, then Office crashed. I pulled it up on the desktop and went from there. Made it to the important meeting with the important document with 1 minute to spare. ONE MINUTE. Pretty sure I have thirty new gray hairs tonight.

Patty Joanna, you are right, the updates are for my benefit, but the timing is always just the worst. I admit that I am spoiled, though. So much tech at our fingertips, and I get frazzled when it's not perfectly available right when I need it. I have to think back to the days when I used a Radio Shack computer that used cassette tapes...

I really am going to email all the important stuff to myself, though, so it's accessible from anywhere.

• Like 1

Hopefully, it will all work okay once you get the battery charged. With the most recent update, my computer somehow lost the most recent Office software package installed and only has the starter available. I can't open documents from my directory anymore; I have to open Word first and search for the documents there. :glare:

Right now the laptop is lying on the floor in my home office. You are dead to me, I told it! I had to run out and then had dinner guests. Tomorrow I will see how it boots up. I have, however, lodged a formal request with dh for an upgrade. This little laptop has always been a bit flaky. Guess I should not have been surprised it failed me today.