Menu

older teen x-mas ideas

Susie in CA

What are their interests? My older teen loves to bake and adores Alton Brown. Each year we get him kitchen tools recommended/used by Brown.

Gift certs for food are usually liked by teens.

Subscription to Audible.

Artwork or other bedroom decoration. My younger teen loves Lamborghinis so I bought him a copy of a vintage Lamborghini license plate to hang in his room.  

Do they like sports? Books? Drawing? Hiking/camping? 

My older kids have liked magazine subscriptions, hobby supplies, gift card to local convenience store which also has great prepared food and drinks.  If I am not sure about a magazine, I buy a copy and put it in their stocking, with a note that if they like it, I'll get a subscription.  

• Like 1

My oldest is a clothes nut, so that's what he's getting.

My 2nd is so difficult, but he's getting a pair of jeans, Christmas Captain Crunch and a pepperoni stick, 2 25 pound weight plates, The Histories of Middle Earth, one of those stainless steel double insulated water bottles to keep his water super cold, and bouncy balls (he was bouncing his brothers Nerf Rival ammo recently and was lamenting the lack of bouncy balls in his life).

Speaking of Nerf, my older boys still love to have Nerf wars.  We have a huge arsenal, and the youngest still requests guns for gifts so we have plenty, but if this wasn't the case I'd definitely buy them some Nerf Rival guns and extra ammo.  

Machi Koro will be a family gift, but it's a game that my boys have played with some friends of ours and have been begging for it.

What are their interests? My older teen loves to bake and adores Alton Brown. Each year we get him kitchen tools recommended/used by Brown.

Gift certs for food are usually liked by teens.

Subscription to Audible.

Artwork or other bedroom decoration. My younger teen loves Lamborghinis so I bought him a copy of a vintage Lamborghini license plate to hang in his room.  

Do they like sports? Books? Drawing? Hiking/camping? 

The car idea is good for one of them. I will look into that. Thank you!

My oldest is a clothes nut, so that's what he's getting.

My 2nd is so difficult, but he's getting a pair of jeans, Christmas Captain Crunch and a pepperoni stick, 2 25 pound weight plates, The Histories of Middle Earth, one of those stainless steel double insulated water bottles to keep his water super cold, and bouncy balls (he was bouncing his brothers Nerf Rival ammo recently and was lamenting the lack of bouncy balls in his life).

Speaking of Nerf, my older boys still love to have Nerf wars.  We have a huge arsenal, and the youngest still requests guns for gifts so we have plenty, but if this wasn't the case I'd definitely buy them some Nerf Rival guns and extra ammo.  

Machi Koro will be a family gift, but it's a game that my boys have played with some friends of ours and have been begging for it.

They are both big on clothes this year. We do have that covered. Thanks for the weight plate idea...that brought to mind some exercise equipment.

My 18 year old is getting a code reader for his car because he got a free non-running car that he got running and has used dh’s and it’s something that he’ll be able to use for years. In the past, I have given them (him & his younger brother, currently 16)tool sets and last year was a Dremel type tool from Sam’s Club, but a lot cheaper, they use them quite often actually. I like to get useful things that they will have for years to come.

Tactical LED flashlight (super slim/super bright)

Pocket knife

overpriced water bottle (bought the hydroflask everyone recommended, but am bitter about it, lol)

bluetooth earbuds

Neal Gaimon's Norse Mythology

Those are the things my DS is getting. Those and a falconer glove, lol. But that's pretty specific.

This year my teen is getting:

-a card game that is completely inappropriate to play with his parents but he will have fun with his college friends

-work out gear

-winter boots

-The Hitchhiker's Guide

-a special coffee mug

He's living in a dorm, though, so we made sure his gifts were compact.