Menu

Year-end Review - Day 17

Granny_Weatherwax

I am trying hard but can't really think of anything.

Work wise, I am all done. My classes for spring 2018 are prepped and ready to roll, just need to upload all materials as soon as students have seen this semester's grades. Tuition for my kids is paid, FAFSA is filled out. House is in order, papers filed. There really doesn't seem to be anything.

On a general note: if there were unfinished business, it would greatly increase my satisfaction with 2017 if I could wrap it up, and I'd feel I could start 2018 on a clean slate. Throughout finals week, I always have the urge to "clean house" so to speak, wrap up lose ends, get my things in order. I would hate having to start the new year with unfinished things hanging over me.

Edited by regentrude
  • Like 1

I have a few personal/family situations I should address. I have been estranged from my siblings for a while. They blame me for the estrangement but the big rift occurred when I stood up for myself and called them out about behavior I was no longer going to tolerate. I don't think I have addressed it for many reasons: stubbornness, continued hurt, lack of interest from them, general low self-esteem, fear of admitting some culpability 

If I tackled it now and things could be resolved I would feel empowered and happier. However, the chances of reconciliation are slim because they feel they have done nothing wrong and I would have to make all concessions and compromises and I think that would give them license to continue the behavior that I can no longer tolerate so addressing it now just might ruin the holidays (which I don't want to do).

2018 would be better if the three of us would/could reconcile, esp as our mother ages. IRL, not much will change if the issues are not addressed. I'll continue to post here and overshare with strangers.

I'm just doing me. I've been transitioning my spouse's responsibilities onto her so I have less on my plate.

I've been going out with friends more, am rejoining Weight Watchers after the holidays and I'm having a HUGE seroma drained this week.

Happy wife, happy life. This is the year of the Happy Wife.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

• Like 2

I need to crunch the numbers. I have been ignoring finances for a few months. I really need to spend several hours getting my financial house in order, in part, so I have a plan for whether DS needs to go to school next year or if I can realistically hs for another year (8th grade).

• Like 1

I have two papers left to submit for my graduate courses. One is due tomorrow, the other in January. I'm going to make a big effort to submit the second one by this Wednesday or Thursday, so that I can relax over Christmas and start 2018 with a free mind.

• Like 1

The only thing coming to mind is my struggle with managing my household. Let's face it, I'm a housewife. I should be doing the bulk of housework and keep the house looking nice. I've tried 3 times to get back on my Flylady routine. I peter out after a couple of weeks but I know for a fact that the routine works. When I was really doing it, my house was fabulous. Now I have been talking to DH about hiring a maid but I feel guilty at spending so much money when I should be able to get off my duff and just get the work done. I do not make New Year resolutions but I am heading into 2018 hoping this time will stick. 

• Like 1

Unfinished business, now this is something I can answer!  :P

• Lots of work that didn't have a hard deadline but still needs to be caught up and preferably done a bit ahead.
  • Organizing my kids' rooms.
  • Getting my kids to take more responsibilities around the house.
  • Filing and such.
  • Cleaning, purging.
  • Helping a friend with something I said I'd do but haven't done yet.
  • Starting the testing process for one kid, finishing it for the other.
  • Probably a bunch of other stuff.
  • Like 1