Menu

Seriously....why can't I find jeans

Ottakee

I'll admit I am a plus size mid 40s mom but surely someone out there would make jeans that look cute in my size.

I have heavy legs so need a loose/relaxed/boyfriend, etc. fit jeans but all of those seem to be so short (made to cuff up with cute heels) and/or have rips/tears in them.  I need jeans i can wear to work with my tennis shoes as I am on my feet all day, need to be able to walk alot, run after a student if needed, etc. but still look decent.

In September we were in Missouri and I stopped at a Belks store (we don't have any for 200+ miles) and found 2 pairs of jeans i liked.  I bought one pair and took a picture of the tag of the other.  I just went to their website and they no longer carry EITHER of them.  Google searches are proving unhelpful as they are either all petites or not my size or over $100 now.

Same thing happened with my Earl bling jeans.  They fit well, I loved them, I wore them until the fabric ripped from being worn.

Catos....had 2 pair from them that I loved and wore until they wore out but not they don't carry that fit/style anymore either.

Even ebay used isn't coming up with my jeans.

I went to Lane Bryant and they had some that fit nice but were $98 and were the short ankle ones that are NOT cute with my running shoes I have to wear.

Then I could go on and rant about the lack of pockets, real pockets but right now I would even take a pair of well fitting jeans without big pockets.

Try Torrid. I used to despise jean shopping and I will never buy jeans anywhere else. They only sell for the size 10 and up crowd and they make every size in short, regular, and long. They are made for curvy girls and are very flattering.

Thanks for giving me the name. I saw these before but couldn't remember the name of the store. Off to search for coupons.

The Amanda jean by Gloria Vanderbilt(?) at Costco for $20 is worth the drive and a membership fee if there are any Costco warehouses within an hour drive if you.

YES. The Amanda jeans are what both my dd and I wear; we have plus size thighs and these look good on us but aren't baggy!  (Having bigger legs/booty, lower half does NOT always mean that a loose fit is the better look!)

We belong to Sam's club and also like the Bandolino brand jeans when they have them there!  The material isn't heavy denim but they fit perfectly most of the time and are inexpensive so we get several pairs.

Edited by 6packofun

I am with you.  Different body type but same problem.

I am plus sized but I am not curvy.  I have no waist.  I have a flat butt and I actually have skinnyish legs.  I found that Eddie Bauer boyfriend jeans fit me.  I have two pairs but I have lost weight and they no longer fit but the company is not making them in plus sizes any longer.

I tried the lane Bryant jeans.  They were so tight n the waist that I couldn't button them, baggy in the hips and thighs and skin tight in the calves. 

I have currently given up and am wearing my baggy, too-big jeans.

I remember why I wear skirts 90% of the time.  If they fit in the waist I am good to go and I always look nicely put together.

Edited by Tania

I'm a big fan of Natural Reflections jeans from Bass Pro Shop. I am a similar body type and they fit me great. They also hold up very well. The best part is that they are $39. They look much more expensive than what they charge for them. I also like Maurices jeans but they stretch out really bad and require replacing yearly, but the cost is also reasonable. 

The GV Amanda jeans do not fit me well at all.  They are available all over but aren't flattering.

I may have to bite the bullet and drive an hour to get to some more store options like Nordstrom's Rack, etc.  I just hate paying so much as while I like to look decent, I work in Special education with severely impaired students so am on the floor, changing all manner of diapers, doing tube feeds, feeding students, going on wagon rides, etc. so the jeans are subject to a lot of abuse and all manner of "stuff' gets on them.

Try blair.com, they tend to have a few different cuts. They also sell the Amanda jeans, as does our local JcPenney's. Also try the Lee website, lee.com, they have a lot of different styles, cuts, and colors. Lee is also really good about having different lengths, something this tall girl appreciates.

I'll admit I am a plus size mid 40s mom but surely someone out there would make jeans that look cute in my size.

I have heavy legs so need a loose/relaxed/boyfriend, etc. fit jeans but all of those seem to be so short (made to cuff up with cute heels) and/or have rips/tears in them. I need jeans i can wear to work with my tennis shoes as I am on my feet all day, need to be able to walk alot, run after a student if needed, etc. but still look decent.

In September we were in Missouri and I stopped at a Belks store (we don't have any for 200+ miles) and found 2 pairs of jeans i liked. I bought one pair and took a picture of the tag of the other. I just went to their website and they no longer carry EITHER of them. Google searches are proving unhelpful as they are either all petites or not my size or over $100 now.

Same thing happened with my Earl bling jeans. They fit well, I loved them, I wore them until the fabric ripped from being worn.

Catos....had 2 pair from them that I loved and wore until they wore out but not they don't carry that fit/style anymore either.

Even ebay used isn't coming up with my jeans.

I went to Lane Bryant and they had some that fit nice but were $98 and were the short ankle ones that are NOT cute with my running shoes I have to wear.

Then I could go on and rant about the lack of pockets, real pockets but right now I would even take a pair of well fitting jeans without big pockets.

A lot of people here wear those cuffed jeans with converse or similar shoes. It may be not the jeans you need to rethink but the shoes?

I have a different fitting issue- straight, narrow hips, flat saggy butt and a BIG waist, but differ enough from the norm to make jeans fitting likewise impossible. I also relate to the practical, not fashionable shoe issue. So I can't offer you any suggestions, but I will commiserate with the whole jeans non-fitting experience!

Where is the jeans-fitting fairy when you need her!

• Like 1

Update....I just found a pair at Younkers. They were the GV Amanda jeans. I have no idea why but the other Amanda jeans I tried didn't fit but these do. Bonus they were on clearance for $6.

Also got D's a $24 start wars t shirt on sale for $10 the minus my $10 off coupon I walked out of the store with both for $6 plus tax.

• Like 6

I have a different fitting issue- straight, narrow hips, flat saggy butt and a BIG waist, but differ enough from the norm to make jeans fitting likewise impossible. I also relate to the practical, not fashionable shoe issue. So I can't offer you any suggestions, but I will commiserate with the whole jeans non-fitting experience!

Where is the jeans-fitting fairy when you need her!

Me too .Well, hips are not narrow but if they fit in the waist they are loose in the butt, which is not flattering. And skinny jeans strangle my calves. 

• Like 1

Me too .Well, hips are not narrow but if they fit in the waist they are loose in the butt, which is not flattering. And skinny jeans strangle my calves.

The (used to be) best fitting pants I ever owned was a pair of dress pants that I did a maternity alteration on--ripped out the side seams, cut off the top part of the front and sewed on a stretch panel with elastic at the waist. I had to wear it with a longer top to cover the panel, but the fit was great. (They are too big now because I lost 25 pounds. Yay me!)

I like JAG pull on jeans. I always read to size down but hatvis not true for my body shape. I am a 12/14 and absolutely need the 14.

The pull on style seems forgiving on a number of flaws. I have a pair of JAG pull on skinny jeans and they are comfortable and look good. I can't imagine wearing a skinny jean in any other brand I have tried. But the JAG jeans just fit me.

I tried on a pair of Kut from the Kloth and liked them and I was able to wear a smaller size. I couldn't accept the price tag though. I might watch for sales and try those.

I can't find jeans because I'm tall. Not overly tall, but all my height is apparently from my hip down (short torso, long legs), so that if pants fit me between the waist and the crotch, they're an inch or two too short. That inch makes a difference. :thumbdown:

Also, I refuse to buy pants that do not fit at my natural waist. I did hip huggers when I was young and thin. I don't do them now.

BUT the good news is that I can find pants that fit me properly at LL Bean. And not only do they have tall, they have plus sizes. Maybe you can find something there.

I have heavy thighs, full backside, and am much smaller in the waist. I also need the the inseem to be at least a true 32 inches after washing. Most pants just won’t work, with the main problem being the thighs. The best jean I’ve found is Eddie Bauer Curvy fit. They happen to be 50% off today.