Menu

Finish FFL or start GFTWTM?

My daughter is starting year 5 next in the new year. She is about 2/3 of the way through First Language Lessons 4.

Is it important we finish this or should we just move straight into Grammar for the Well Trained Mind 1 next year?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I haven't yet seen Grammar for the Well Trained Mind, but I can't imagine it would be critical to finish FLL 4 if you have in the past finished at least one other book in the series. My understanding is that the grammar program is not predicated in any particular elementary grammar program.

Grammar for the WTM starts at the beginning, but it does move quickly. I think both of your options could work, as long as you don't mind slowing down the latter if needed.

My 10 year old is doing Grammar for the WTM after having done GWG 5 last year. He is gifted and is doing really well with it - it hasn't been a stretch yet in week 4 (we just started :). The program is witty and fun to teach.

• Like 2