Menu

Playmobil

Elizabeth86

I just ordered a pyramid, castle, and a bunch of miscellaneous add ins on behalf of the grandparents (who just send checks and make me do the shopping).

And I blame all of you :rofl: I’m anticipating they will be a big hit and nobody will notice if I box up a few other toys in the meantime ;)

Heads up, if your kids are older then they should be able to get them together but if they are younger, you may need to do some Christmas eve building. I will never forget the xmas eve my husband and I built the fairy tale castle and housed it will furniture. It took forever! So worth it though to see my DDs face the next morning. She has continued to play with it for the past 4 years!

• Like 1

:) And they have a Doctor Who set that I have my eye on.

Could you share a link? I can only find the Funko 6 inch figures of the 4th and 11th Doctors.

I gave my husband one of the specials in his stocking every year even before we had a child. :)

Edited by KarenNC

Could you share a link? I can only find the Funko 6 inch figures of the 4th and 11th Doctors.

I gave my husband one of the specials in his stocking every year even before we had a child. :)

Hmm...I couldn't find them on the playmobil site, but I did find them on Thinkgeek.com. $7.99 each. 4th and 11th doctors.

http://www.thinkgeek.com/product/jssr/?pfm=Search&t=Doctor%20who%20playmobil

• Like 1

I used to teach the preschoolers at church.

The Egyptian family and the Roman family were great for acting out a number of bible stories. I also had some crusaders. They wore white with crosses on them. They usually played the part of angels. I have the Playmobil nativity set, and Joseph made a great Jesus.

The kids LOVED when I pulled out the playmobil to teach lessons. I would tell them that if they sat quietly and listened to the lesson, they could play with them when I was done. I would bring extras for the kids to play with after the lesson.

• Like 1

Thanks, those were the ones I'd found. I was hoping they had an actual play set rather than just those two figures. Maybe in the future?

Oh yes, I see that you wrote that you have them. I was skimming without any reading comprehension when you asked for the link. Whoops! Yes, I hope they have some sets later.

So I was thinking of ordering the 1,2,3 countryside set but now I'm wondering what the difference is between the standard sets and the 1,2,3 sets. What is minimum age for standard sets?

I would say 3-4 and up. The pieces are tiny and NOT for kids that put anything in their mouths.