Menu

Online bank of french grammar exercises, for drilling purposes?

madteaparty

We have several grammar books, including Reprise, Grammaire Progressive du Francais (intermed. level) and the big book of "Practice makes perfect", but, for the stuff we need to drill, we've ran out of worksheet pages. I'm not in the mood to recreate ;)

Is there an online bank, even subscription/payment-based I could utilize? it needs to provide the correction too because I can't grade.

Thank you

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Not grammar drills per se, but Clozemaster is a great free app that will help you practice French (and many other languages.). The format is fill in the blank to complete sentences. You can set it to multiple choice or typing. Great way to increase vocabulary and passively review grammar. Just FYI, sometimes the sentences have PG-13 content. It's not aimed specifically at kids.

Not grammar drills per se, but Clozemaster is a great free app that will help you practice French (and many other languages.). The format is fill in the blank to complete sentences. You can set it to multiple choice or typing. Great way to increase vocabulary and passively review grammar. Just FYI, sometimes the sentences have PG-13 content. It's not aimed specifically at kids.

Lol clozemaster sometimes has sentences that are way more than PG-13. Oh Tom and the mischief he gets into!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

How about apps? I used to have a few that were really good but I can't remember what they were called off the top of my head. I can dig if that would suit you. They were just basically one exercise on one topic at a time and correct answers were supplied.

Hello, I would love to hear of any tried and true grammar practice apps. Many thanks!

Hello, I would love to hear of any tried and true grammar practice apps. Many thanks!

Since posting this, I have found the be all end all app for French grammar. I love it too the point that I should add a disclaimer that I don't have any financial connection to them ;) Kwiziq is the site -- worst name ever but it has every conceivable grammar point up through C1 and a nifty brain map that you turn green as you demonstrate your knowledge of the areas. You start with a CEFR level test and the AI system chooses things for you to work on, but you can also easily work on whatever areas you want day to day.

Edited by CadenceSophia