Menu

What's with the ads?

Sign in to follow this  
EmilyGF

Christmas present - accelerated almost-6-year-old with mad spatial skills

Hi everyone,

Suggestions? He sort of plays Settlers of Catan now, but we prefer games that are two-player and faster. He used to love Patchwork until he mastered it. Then he loved Tayu but he plays too mean so I refuse to play him anymore (he shuts down the game by blocking every.single.move.) Ideally something where you work on winning as opposed to work on making your opponent not win.

Thanks,

Emily

Rush Hour is solo play. Rush Hour Shift is two player.

Yikerz

Gravity Maze is also solo play.

Blink
Slamwich

+1 on Blokus

Qwrikle

Chess (Start with no stress). There's a pretty cool online homeschool chess club that has early bird spring registration going on right now. I heard about it on here. My son really likes it.
Ticket to Ride (my preference is not the original board, but later ones where there are multiple routes that you can build to achieve your goal)

Sorry

Battleship
Connect 4
Rumis

Ubongo

Kingdomino or queendomino (my 5yr old just does king for now)

Labyrinth

Dizzios

Hey that’s my fish

Edited by lovinmyboys

What about co-operative games where you are working together to achieve a common goal?  We like Mountaineering, Search and Rescue, Break a Leg.   These can be great to work towards winning and being less "mean" as you all succeed or fail together.  

These are great suggestions! Thanks.

For some reason, I'd never thought of Ticket to Ride as appropriate for him, but it totally is and I think we may already own it... Yay!

Emily