Menu

Requesting prayers for my brother

Tenaj

One other thing regarding your SIL, I was the calm one (I'm the baby in the family) and everyone else was a mess.  I was in SHOCK!!!  I planned the funeral and took care of my dad, older sister, and niece.  I made it through what I needed to keep things going.  It really HIT ME down the road when I had dealt with everything that had to be done ASAP and my REAL grief started maybe a month after her death.  Keep close to her -- even when she looks like she is calm and strong.

This. Every word of this. Exactly. 

I could have written this. 

I'm so very sorry for your loss, JanOH. I can't imagine. Praying for your family at this sad time.   :grouphug:

• Like 2

My heart goes out to you and your family, including your sister in law and nephew.

I second the recommendation of grief counseling. I was so calm in the first few days of my parent’s death as I needed to handle final arrangements. But later I found I would succumb to weird bouts of rage and grief. Talking with someone helped me so much.

• Like 1

I’m just seeing this update, I’m sorry!

The decision was made last night to disconnect the ventilator. He's gone. Please pray especially for their 19 yo son. He is having a rough time.

I think my parents have aged 10 years in the past four days. Yesterday was my father's 82nd birthday. I think they'll be ok but it was a long day yesterday.

Good things happened though. My sister-in-law was very calm and we were able to help her plan most of the funeral stuff in the afternoon. The original plan was that the vent would be disconnected this morning but his condition deteriorated quickly and it became very obvious that last night was the right time.

Thank you all.

I am so sorry for your loss. 

The comment made about shock and going through inheritance quickly reminded me of this...I remember one financial expert saying that bereaved families shouldn't make any big decisions they don't absolutely have to during the first year. I know of a widow that made a not so great one financially, and it has left her with fewer options. I don't even know what it was, and she's not letting it rule her, but it made things harder. I will pray your SIL will be able to grieve well and still continue to think clearly when big things come up.

:grouphug:

Words seem so trite at a time like this, and yet that's all we really have. I wish I had words to do justice to the shock and pain your family is experiencing, but I don't. 

I know how painful it is to outlive a brother, and my heart hurts for you. I can't imagine the horror of losing a husband or parent, or the unfathomable tragedy of burying a child.  :grouphug:

Just know that your grief is our grief, and that even when this thread is buried so many of us will continue to have you in our prayers and our hearts.