Menu

Requesting prayers for my brother

Tenaj

The decision was made last night to disconnect the ventilator. He's gone. Please pray especially for their 19 yo son. He is having a rough time.

I think my parents have aged 10 years in the past four days. Yesterday was my father's 82nd birthday. I think they'll be ok but it was a long day yesterday.

Good things happened though. My sister-in-law was very calm and we were able to help her plan most of the funeral stuff in the afternoon. The original plan was that the vent would be disconnected this morning but his condition deteriorated quickly and it became very obvious that last night was the right time.

Thank you all.

I am so sorry for you and your family, your parents, and your brother's wife and children.  I lost my mom to a head injury (she was on a vent for several days and lived several days longer) and I've been praying so much for a different outcome for you all :-(.  I will continue to pray in the difficult times ahead.  I know a lot of people watch their loved ones suffer a long and painful death.  I don't envy them that at all!!!!  However, one of the things that was hardest for me was not getting to say goodbye or tell her all the things I would have/should have when she was alive or we had some time where she was conscious before she was gone.  Both options really stink though!!!

I'm not posting this because I want sympathy -- her accident was in 2001 and things do get easier with time.  I just want you to know that someone knows exactly what you all are going through.  I am just so sorry!  Our loss was on Good Friday and that Easter was really, really hard.  I know this first holiday will be exceptionally hard for you all :-(.  I will keep praying...    

• Like 7

The decision was made last night to disconnect the ventilator. He's gone. Please pray especially for their 19 yo son. He is having a rough time.

I think my parents have aged 10 years in the past four days. Yesterday was my father's 82nd birthday. I think they'll be ok but it was a long day yesterday.

Good things happened though. My sister-in-law was very calm and we were able to help her plan most of the funeral stuff in the afternoon. The original plan was that the vent would be disconnected this morning but his condition deteriorated quickly and it became very obvious that last night was the right time.

Thank you all.

One other thing regarding your SIL, I was the calm one (I'm the baby in the family) and everyone else was a mess.  I was in SHOCK!!!  I planned the funeral and took care of my dad, older sister, and niece.  I made it through what I needed to keep things going.  It really HIT ME down the road when I had dealt with everything that had to be done ASAP and my REAL grief started maybe a month after her death.  Keep close to her -- even when she looks like she is calm and strong.

• Like 14

One other thing regarding your SIL, I was the calm one (I'm the baby in the family) and everyone else was a mess.  I was in SHOCK!!!  I planned the funeral and took care of my dad, older sister, and niece.  I made it through what I needed to keep things going.  It really HIT ME down the road when I had dealt with everything that had to be done ASAP and my REAL grief started maybe a month after her death.  Keep close to her -- even when she looks like she is calm and strong.

I agree.

OP, sending hugs and prayers.   I am glad you and your family were able to come together and help each other and your SIL. I am so saddened for your loss.

I"m also glad your SIL was able to stay calm enough to get things started for the coming days.  It can be so hard to think and process and be productive.  In all likelihood, though, her calm may be because she is either in shock or defraying her grief until she is not so needed to handle things but it may hit her very, very hard later on.  She may need a LOT of support further down the road.  As mlktwins said, keep an eye on her.  

:grouphug:  :grouphug:  :grouphug:

• Like 1

I am so sorry, Jan. Many hospice services have grief counseling available to the community. I know you may not be ready for this yet, but I want to let others know about it, too. They operate on an anonymous, pay-what-you-can donation basis and anyone who has experienced loss will be served.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Thank you all.

I'm so sorry for your loss. Praying for peace for your family as you mourn.

Oh No! I am so sorry to read the update. Prayers for your whole family especially your nephew during this time.

Please know that your brother touched all who read it. I am sure all of us will think twice before we send our husbands out to hang lights. It is a shame that it takes something like this to get us to think like this, but your brother just may save many lives in his death. I know my DH has said that he has no desire to hang lights (which we had not done yet) this year after hearing your brother's story. I am sure we are not alone. 

Many hugs today! 

• Like 7