Menu

Requesting prayers for my brother

Tenaj

No real updates yet. The MRI is finished. He has been completely weaned off meds that were keeping him paralyzed. His heart is beating on it's own ( has been since he arrived at the hospital), he is maintaining blood pressure and body temp by himself. Before MRI he was lifting/moving his eyebrows. We are just waiting on the Dr. to read and convey the results of the MRI right now.

Thanks for all the prayers and words of comfort. I have tears in my eyes from reading through them.

There have been so many small miracles all ready! The fact that his wife was home when it happened was a miracle. She was scheduled to work but it was changed at the last minute. She 'happened' to be in the only room in the house where she could have heard the ladder fall so she was able to get help immediately. Just the fact that he made it through the first day was a miracle.

• Like 45

When I see these threads, I post that I will pray and I make a note so that I do just that once I get off of the computer. 

But when I read your post I had to stop right then, right there, and we prayed a rosary for his healing and your family's strength. What a scary, freaky accident but how encouraging it is to read that you're already surrounded by miracles - from his wife's being home and in the right room, to his heart beating well, and so forth. 

We will continue to keep all of you in our thoughts and in our prayers. 

• Like 9

MRI results are back and are really bad. It showed massive damage. The tentative plan is to keep him on the ventilator for 24 - 48 hours to give him a chance to respond. It's been a hard day for those at the hospital. I wasn't there today but will be going tomorrow.

Thanks so much for all the prayers. There is still room for a miracle.

Edited by JanOH
  • Like 5