Menu

Semester Psychology course (0.5 credit)?

Has anyone found or pulled together a mostly independent psychology course that's only a half credit/semester long? DD needs a half credit course and is interested in psychology but as a fun/interest elective (not rigorous or AP). She's particularly interested in human behavioral psychology.

Even if you haven't done a course, any recommended resources?

I was looking at Great Courses Psychology of Human Behavior - any input? Have you paired it with a text? What kind of output did you require?

My dd would like a half credit psychology course, too. I bought the OM course, but I can't decide if we will use it. It is not what I had in mind. It is very focused on examining your own mind, and it looks interesting... But it is very different than what I was picturing. I need to spend some more time with it before I decide.

I'll be interested in the suggestions you get. Adding to OM Psychology might be a good solution for us.

My dd would like a half credit psychology course, too. I bought the OM course, but I can't decide if we will use it. It is not what I had in mind. It is very focused on examining your own mind, and it looks interesting... But it is very different than what I was picturing. I need to spend some more time with it before I decide.

I'll be interested in the suggestions you get. Adding to OM Psychology might be a good solution for us.

I just looked into it too after I posted because I hadn't ever really evaluated it. I agree--it's not really a general purpose psychology class.

• Like 1

My son used Carnegie Mellon's Open Learning text as part of a Coursera course on psychology.  Unlike many open source texts, it was well-written, accurate, and full of videos and activities.  It's completely free as a guest. It's a semester college course, but you could pick and chose chapters to get it to a high school semester pace.

https://oli.cmu.edu/jcourse/lms/students/syllabus.do?section=d9fccbb80a0001dc0f69305a7182b1fc

Edited by Joules
  • Like 2