Menu

200 Christmas presents

Guinevere

Gumballs!!! Lol! That would be hilarious!

I guess I was hoping someone had a magical cheap but not tacky personalized bulk ornament link or something.

I could go to $100, maybe $150, but I'd rather not.

My husband has a bunch of students, college age, and would like to do something small for each of them.

Candy cane and a card?

Salt dough ornaments are pretty cheap, although you'd have to do the math for 200 people, lol. If you can buy the flour at Sam's Club, that's super cheap. Do white ones like snowflakes or snowmen, and you can use cheap spray paint to cover them very quickly, and then maybe just add a few touches of color with acrylic paint. Some people do seal them, but I don't, because I don't need my salt dough ornaments to last for 20 years. 

These look super cute and easy, and you could just go with multi-colored baking cups if the Christmas ones cost more: 

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/AWmYFjXivAD50_StRvTxx6_b-8xT2b4jLhxU_1wNFUzDKEn4U2GjnI8/

I love the idea someone posted about a candy bar with personalized wrapper, but that's going to be more like fifty cents per person (buying in bulk). The giant bowl of candy would also be fun. 

You can make all kinds of ornaments from paper, the site below has several and I tried to link directly to #3, a pretty simple one. Also look at #12, I'm pretty sure I've done these without the pony beads. 

http://www.bhg.com/christmas/ornaments/pretty-christmas-ornaments-made-from-paper/?slideId=b5476908-d4c8-4fbc-ba0b-8b5bc71a8ea8

Search for images related to his subject. Find one that can be cut into circle, then glue that circle to a larger card stock circle. Punch a hole, add a ribbon, you have an ornament! Something like this would be cute for an English teacher: 

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/10/0e/6d/100e6d028688dbf5738b455ed6c1185d--antique-books-vintage-books.jpg

If dh has a fun picture from class, like the day they did an experiment or just a silly picture, you can print those cheaply and glue onto card stock, again add a hole and ribbon and it's an ornament (or they can keep as a picture). He can even take a picture for this purpose, something iconic in the classroom perhaps. For example, dd's art department has a huge old printing press, it would make for a very cool picture/ornament/decoration. If you go this route, Walgreens and such lets you enter text to be printed directly on the picture, so you could put dh's name, class name, maybe even room number. If he's not camera-shy, you could probably stage a funny picture of some kind. 

If you have a friend who scrapbooks/papercrafts, ask them for ideas! Sometimes we can't resist fun projects, and wind up helping . . .