Menu

Who's going to tackle Thursday with me?

Jean in Newcastle

Good morning!  :grouphug:  Jean.  I hope you are feeling better soon.  Busy day here.  DS16's grades are going in the wrong direction and he has a huge paper due in Honors English II and a big project due in Honors Algebra II tomorrow.  I just hope we survive.

-coffee 

-DS16 off to school with lunch

-drop car off for oil change

-school with DS13

-make a batch of Whole30 compliant taco meat

-plan weekend Whole 30 batch cooking (recipes, ingredients, grocery list, etc. for a least 3 breakfast, lunch and dinner items)

-laundry (at least 4 loads) DONE:  1

-separate and re-wrap all meat I bought at Costco yesterday (ugh, I hate touching raw meat) - HALF DONE

-pick up car

-workout (steady state cardio) - NOPE

-DS16 baseball game at 3:30

-help DS16 with his edits to paper

-dinner (roast beef, roasted brussel sprouts, noodles and gravy)

Edited by Pink and Green Mom
  • Like 5

Taking this one day off from cookie baking (!!! started Black Friday - deep freeze in basement still has room so will keep going)...

Woke up half hour early as text (Jarvis "Excuse me, there is a message for you" - my ringer is Pinkie Pie) from DD got me throwing clothes on fast - her car would not start and she had a train to catch. Uber showed up before I left to drive to her townhome, though.

.Need to walk dog

.Wrap gifts to mail to folks in S. Calif

.Mail boxes

.Drop off Amazon return (see nephew brat post) at UPS

.Drop off another return at Kohls and use $5 coupon on socks or something cheap

.Hit Walmart

.Cook chicken early in Instant Pot, chill, put in 'fridge

.Continue updating ds's games on new Xbox One (Black Friday) so he has stuff to do when here from group home for two weeks over Christmas break. He took his 360 to group home. I noticed some newer games he could play no longer come on 360 so thought I'd get myself, er, ds a newer machine to keep here. For ds, obviously. ;-)

.Pick up ds from his group home at 4:30 (he has early morning doc appt tomorrow) then try and be home in time to go get dd from train station to drive back to her house.

.At some point I want to stop and watch last night's Speechless. I am following Micah Fowler on FB and keep alternating praise/advice giving to him like a second mom (he brings out my maternal instincts) ;-)

.And in bewteen the usual cleaning/laundry/trying to get old dying cat to eat stuff.

Edited by JFSinIL
  • Like 6

Good morning!

We got our first snow-that-stuck last night and the puppies were quite astonished when they saw it. :) They've been rampaging around in the snow all morning.

•drop cat off at the vet by 8:30 for his semi-annual haircut

•stop and get a much-needed peppermint mocha while in town

•school

•office work (mostly bills)

•laundry

•make appt. for ds19 to get flu shot (he had to wait 3-4 weeks after his last rabies shot)

•pick cat up this afternoon

•pick up Mexican takeout for dinner

Edited by Selkie
  • Like 5

• Slept more or less like normal people.
  • Got kids off to the school bus on time.
  • Cleaned kitchen, bathrooms, and a little clutter.
  • Work discussion before my coffee, grr!!
  • Checked emails & social media.

• Got a poop load of work to do ASAP & throughout the day.
  • Need to make a chiro appointment for my kid, who might have a dislocated hip or something.  [appt at 6p]
  • Figuring out the logistics of my niece's birthday gifts.  [probably just a card with mailable stuff inside & save the rest for Xmas]
  • Tire appointment at noon.  Work in waiting room.
  • Need to pick up some purchased gift cards at kids' school at 3pm.
  • Kids to library book club meeting.  Work at library.
  • Figure out resolution to kid's lost library book.
  • Get passport photos at library.
  • Kid to chiropractor - 6pm.
  • Kids to TKD - last class before belt test.  Work in the car.  (Hope this does not get delayed/prevented by chiro visit.)
  • Kids' homework.
  • Kids to bed.
  • Work.
  • Whatever I'm forgetting.
Edited by SKL
  • Like 6

I hope you feel better, Jean!

Selkie, I'd love to see your lab pups romping in the snow! So fun!

Thursday tackled me before I even got up, I'm sick. Headache and a cold coming on. 

Take some tylenol and drink lots

Try to get ds through math and writing. 

Dd to AHG

Ds' costume finished for dress rehearsal tomorrow.

dinner - whatever kids and dh can find. no how am I going to the store or or cooking today. 

• Like 5

Feel better, Jean and Scout!!  :grouphug:

I slept in today and have been drinking coffee and doing nothing, but I have to get busy. I let ds sleep in, too. He's up now.

They are predicting snow here in the morning. I'll believe it when I see it!

To Do:

meals

school with ds

tutor one student

laundry

pay bills

take ds to swim

• Like 5

Scout and Jean, hope you are feeling better soon!

Went to x-ray, the tech was nice, ortho said you could have just come to the office and got your x-rays done, WHATEVER!! Got seen early.

Good news is, nothing on the x-ray, some signs of healing! Apparently it can just happen that you feel worse before you feel better; and also: going to class was more activity than I should have been doing! LOL I will tell my professor that and see what he says. 

Also that I should wear a heel or something to even out the leg length to protect my back. It looks ridiculous and I love it. 

Okay! Back to this late paper! I am going to use the 20-minute-timer method to crank through the last part and then off it goes; only so much I can do.*

After that it is the lab report and finishing editing my presentation and then I am done!

*and yes I think I have learned my lesson about time management. which is good. I've never had a reason to learn it before. 

• Like 4

Dd is making lunch and has done school all morning.

Ds did the math worksheets I gave him and entertained himself so I could sleep. Nausea has gone, headache is less, but not gone.

I did get an ins claim filed and notified AHG leaders that dd won't be there tonight.

Next up:

more tylenol ✅

get afternoon school started ✅

quick grocery run? ✅

Edited by ScoutTN
  • Like 3

300 more words + citations + print to check the formatting + send! Almost there. I am really annoyed with myself about this. 

And I had lunch. Need a water refill and my ice pack. 

I think I shall make some coffee too.

• Like 3

Dd and I are cleaning up a storm this morning.  She's taken on the vacuuming which this achy mama appreciates so much.

Kitchen all clean except that I'm waiting for stuff to sit for a minute before doing the final stove polishing.

Kitchen cabinet project - 6/16 (aka 3/8) of the way done.  I missed yesterday because of the MIL marathon.

Living room is tidied.

Floors are all vacuumed.

One load of laundry has been washed and will be put in the dryer in a minute. 

• Like 3

Kitty is back from his hair appointment and looking good - no more matted fur clumps. To recuperate from his stressful day, he is tucked up in a pile of fuzzy blankets with a hot water bottle. He's a spoiled old thing...

Got 4 loads of laundry done.

Froze my way through barn chores.

Went over school schedules with dd and ds17 and informed them that I am making them take at least a week off at Christmas. They are both workaholics and I want them to get more down time.

Emptied wastebaskets.

Swept the main floor.

Unpacked Chewy boxes.

I'm leaving my messy kitchen for dh and the kids to clean up. And I don't have to cook tonight.  :)

• Like 2

• Slept more or less like normal people.
  • Got kids off to the school bus on time.
  • Cleaned kitchen, bathrooms, and a little clutter.
  • Work discussion before my coffee, grr!!
  • Checked emails & social media.

• Got a poop load of work to do ASAP & throughout the day.
  • Need to make a chiro appointment for my kid, who might have a dislocated hip or something.  [appt at 6p]
  • Figuring out the logistics of my niece's birthday gifts.  [probably just a card with mailable stuff inside & save the rest for Xmas]
  • Tire appointment at noon.  Work in waiting room.
  • Need to pick up some purchased gift cards at kids' school at 3pm.
  • Kids to library book club meeting.  Work at library.
  • Figure out resolution to kid's lost library book.
  • Get passport photos at library.
  • Kid to chiropractor - 6pm.
  • Kids to TKD - last class before belt test.  Work in the car.  (Hope this does not get delayed/prevented by chiro visit.)
  • Kids' homework.
  • Kids to bed.
  • Work.
  • Whatever I'm forgetting.

I got all of it done ?!?!  The kids even got to bed on time.  Am I dreaming?  [Could be because they didn't have math homework for a change.]

Also got a load of laundry done so the kids can have clean gym suits for tomorrow.

I got a decent amount of "work work" done, considering all the running around.  Still kind of stressed out about work though.

Tired now - supposed to still be working.

• Like 2