Menu

Zyrtec or Flonase (Which do you prefer)

1GirlTwinBoys

I use nasalcort instead of Flonase, for nasal spray. I cannot stand the smell of Flonase. I also take antihistamines like Zyrtec or Allegra. Antihistamines and nasal steroids are two different types of medicine and often paired.

Yeah the smell is crazy.

Yes, Zyrtec is an antihistamine and Flonase is a type of steroid.

I use Flonase.  The smell doesn't bother me, and I have noticed it less over time. My one complaint is that sometimes it feels like ice shooting up to my brain. NOT a fun feeling, but goes away fairly quickly. 

Zyrtec doesn't help much for me.  I prefer Xyzal over Zyrtec for that category of allergy meds. 

I can't say which is better really because I take 5 allergy meds and still have symptoms.  (Currently getting immunotherapy on top of that.)

I like Flonase (and actually like the smell.) It works when Allegra is not working.

I cannot take Zyrtec or Claritin because they make me depressed. If I must choose, I take a stuffy nose over depression.

Me too (I like Flonase and I find the smell pleasant, like daffodils). Zyrtec and Claritin affect me emotionally too, but they make me anxious, not depressed. I have never felt anything like that (like I was going to jump out of my skin) so I stay AWAY from those drugs!

I use Flonase and Claritin. The smell of the Flonase doesn't bother me and Claritin is the only antihistamine that doesn't make me sleepy. Both Zyrtec and Allegra knock me out within about 2 hours of taking. And then I feel like I have a bad hangover when I wake up.