Menu

I need a gift for my 16 yo son....

Prairie~Phlox

Something useful that he can have for a long time. He plans to go into the military, his brother is getting a code reader for his car, and his older sister is getting some metal bowls for when she moves out, her request. In the past I've gotten both boys the same thing, and given them tools. 16-year-old does not have a car yet though, so I don't really want to get him a code reader as well. Any suggestions on the $25-$30 range.

My kids got me an Anker Quick Charge USB charger, and it's really fast. I got one for DD to take to college and she really appreciates being able to charge her phone quickly in between classes. I'll sometimes take it when we travel, to give us multiple ports to plug into. 

https://www.amazon.com/Anker-Charge-Charger-PowerPort-PowerIQ/dp/B01IUTIUEA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1512539468&sr=8-1&keywords=Anker+Quick+Charge+3.0+63W+5-Port+USB+Wall+Charger%2C

My 16 year old has asked for wireless speakers this year.

Before he got a car, some relatives got him gas cards and a car tool kit.  He LOVED that because it reminded him that he would soon be getting his license.  So even though your son doesn't have a car yet, if he is looking forward to being a driver soon maybe a car-themed gift would go over well?

How about a duffel bag?

Something like this...  (Lands End is having a 40% off sale right now)

https://www.landsend.com/products/medium-everyday-duffel/id_302704?sku_0=::248

They all have nice duffle bags with their initials already.  That was a gift years ago, as were sleeping bags one year, can't remember what else.  Things that they could use for a long time have always been goals.

Thanks