Menu

What's with the ads?

HSmomof2

Has the new Weight Watchers Freestyle been discussed yet?

That was close.  There was leftover kung pao in the frig and I almost ate it. Thankfully my son came home and I was able to get him to eat it.  So for lunch I had rotisserie chicken on salad with 3 olives and a tsp of dressing...it was yummy.  By 3 I was starving so I had 2 TBLE of avocao and 5 saltines.  

I have 14 left. 

• Like 1

I just fudge the butter because I really believe that margarine isn't any better -- not because I believe saturated fats don't matter in the big picture.

I think I am going to try this! Thanks.

I'm just not good with moderation. One serving of crackers seems pointless to me--I'll still be just as hungry as ever. 

I usually feel like that about crackers.  They are white flour beasts with salt to make you want more.

But there is one kind that is really satisfying and filling, I think.

These:  https://www.walmart.com/ip/Nairn-s-Organic-Oatcake-Crackers-8-8-oz-Pack-of-12/31219490?wmlspartner=wlpa&adid=22222222227022677442&wl0=&wl1=g&wl2=c&wl3=42535410872&wl4=pla-81197386232&wl5=9032168&wl6=&wl7=&wl8=&wl9=pla&wl10=8175035&wl11=online&wl12=31219490&wl13=&veh=sem

I tried them on a whim when I saw them at Cost Plus World Market once, and they are really tasty but also they don't make you crave more like the typical crackers do.  And they have started to be more generally available.  They are often at Whole Paycheck, and every once in a while a more standard supermarket chain with a bigger site will carry them.

• Like 1

I usually feel like that about crackers.  They are white flour beasts with salt to make you want more.

These:  https://www.walmart.com/ip/Nairn-s-Organic-Oatcake-Crackers-8-8-oz-Pack-of-12/31219490?wmlspartner=wlpa&adid=22222222227022677442&wl0=&wl1=g&wl2=c&wl3=42535410872&wl4=pla-81197386232&wl5=9032168&wl6=&wl7=&wl8=&wl9=pla&wl10=8175035&wl11=online&wl12=31219490&wl13=&veh=sem

I tried them on a whim when I saw them at Cost Plus World Market once, and they are really tasty but also they don't make you crave more like the typical crackers do.  And they have started to be more generally available.  They are often at Whole Paycheck, and every once in a while a more standard supermarket chain with a bigger site will carry them.

This was me pre-WW, but now I have 9 reduced-fat wheat thins every afternoon with a bit of cheese and am quite satisfied. Maybe I'm eating more mindfully? Maybe I view them differently? I don't know, but I'm happy about it!

Emily

• Like 1

I usually feel like that about crackers. They are white flour beasts with salt to make you want more.

These: https://www.walmart.com/ip/Nairn-s-Organic-Oatcake-Crackers-8-8-oz-Pack-of-12/31219490?wmlspartner=wlpa&adid=22222222227022677442&wl0=&wl1=g&wl2=c&wl3=42535410872&wl4=pla-81197386232&wl5=9032168&wl6=&wl7=&wl8=&wl9=pla&wl10=8175035&wl11=online&wl12=31219490&wl13=&veh=sem

I tried them on a whim when I saw them at Cost Plus World Market once, and they are really tasty but also they don't make you crave more like the typical crackers do. And they have started to be more generally available. They are often at Whole Paycheck, and every once in a while a more standard supermarket chain with a bigger site will carry them.

$50????

For the record: Today was my weigh-in day.  Happily surprised to see that I'm down another 1.5 lbs.  Surprised because I had two yummy ham&cheese rolls last night for dinner--thought the carb-ness might up my water weight.  

I am following NoS principles and Freestyle Tracking--with real food.  I wondered if I would be able to follow without a choice of low-pt breads, cheese, desserts, etc (we live overseas--far fewer Frankenfoods), and am happy to report that I CAN.  We ate well before but following Freestyle has upped the veggies and dropped the carbs and wine (not eliminated, only moderated).  

• Like 1

I’m overweight! Woohoo! :D Down a bit more than 12 pounds in four weeks. I think my losses will probably slow down now, but I’n pretty happy with how it’s going.

• Like 6

I'm now down 60.4. I eat pizza two or three times a month. I eat fruit.... Tons of it... Every day. I eat whipped pb on a Joseph's pita almost daily. I will say, I don't eat refined sugar or heavy carbs much. I'm loving WW. I have about 20 to goal.

• Like 6

Today was my weigh-in day.  Down 1 lb which I'm very happy with as I'm eating all the things I love (in moderation).  And, I have to say, that WW Freestyle has helped me to understand exactly what "moderation" means FOR ME.  With wanting to follow a healthy, Mediterranean-ish diet, I made sure to start using EVOO on the veggies, nuts sprinkled on a salad/in bread/snack/morning oatmeal, wine with meals, etc.  However, that resulted in a 15 lb gain over two years.  

With WW, I can now see the reality of why.  Nuts?  Yes, but NOT every meal.  Wine?  Yes, but not everyday. Homemade Artisan bread?  yes, but not every meal (sadly).  Fruit?  Yes, and everyday!  Fruit has become our go-to "dessert", a lovely, refreshing way to end a meal.

The most important thing in changing one's WOE is to make sure you are changing it to something enjoyable as well as healthy (barring major medical issues).   Because I'm eating what/when I want to eat, I'll be able to cheerfully continue on even as my weight loss slows (which I expect it to do rather quickly--1/2lb/week is more my norm....)

• Like 4