Menu

*Updated *Positive experiences of pregnancy at 40+

Rachel

Wonderful! Best of luck! I am not in that category, but I have known several to have babies at a later age and all was well. My friend had her last 2 at 43 and 45. All was well for her. She mentioned dhe felt more tired, but I think we all would just know that is likely to be the case, right? My mil had dh in her 40's. I know several several people to have healthy pregnancies on their late 30's early 40's!

• Like 1

I have two friends that had their final babies at 47yo and but turned out to be happy endings. I agree with a previous poster that babies in your 40s was probably much more common in the past. I just birthed a baby a week ago and dh is already trying to guess how many more we might have. We're at 8, I'm 37yo and he's guessing 4 more! We'll see...

So precious - congratulations! And cheers to many more :)

OP, I had my last one at 40. Like OrganicJen, he wasn't planned but I didn't worry because I had faith in my body to do its thing. Women having babies in their 40s was more normal than not when and where I grew up. I know things are feeling tentative due to your unfortunate prior losses, but I'm excited for your pregnancy and wish you peace and comfort with it!

• Like 1

I have two friends that had their final babies at 47yo and but turned out to be happy endings. I agree with a previous poster that babies in your 40s was probably much more common in the past. I just birthed a baby a week ago and dh is already trying to guess how many more we might have. We're at 8, I'm 37yo and he's guessing 4 more! We'll see...

Congratulations!

My mom had my sister at 42. They told her all kinds of scary things, friends suggested she should just abort b/c probably it would have down's syndrome, etc. She turned out fine - a bit obnoxious, but healthy :)

☹ï¸

Glad she turned out to be a typical sister!

• Like 1

My mom had me when she was 40.5. I was her 3rd, and she said I was the easiest pregnancy she had. The other two pregnancies were horrible both with morning sickness and complications and near losses. While I wasn't easy to carry (sorry mom!), she said the difference between her first two while in her early twenties and then me was staggering.

Not my story quite how you asked, but still my birth story I guess :D

So happy to see the good update, best of luck and congratulations!! 

• Like 1