Menu

Gift for an almost ten year old girl?

meganrussell

This is my daughter, but for some reason I'm having a really hard time coming up with a good gift for her.

She doesn't play with toys, other than Shopkins and Legos. This is what I have so far:

Two pair of under armour shorts (Need for basketball)

Several blouses (Wear gift)

Books 9-16 of Magic Tree House Merlin Missions (Read gift)

A Shopkins stuffed toy

She wanted the Lego Friends Hotel, but that's out of my budget ($100). I'm thinking $50 or less.

$50 towards the desired Lego object. Perhaps she may also get money from relative? Or can save up from allowance?

Which would she rather have, the large Lego item and fewer gifts, or no large Lego item, and the books and shirts, etc. Perhaps return a few things and get what she really wants if you know she will play with it.

I have had to think this way.

I'd seriously try and get the big item instead of a lot of smaller gifts she may not want nearly as much.

Then you can have more gifts for her to open that are coupons to "bake cookies with Mom" etc.

Edited by JFSinIL

Mermaid pillows are quite a popular thing with preteens. They are sequence pillows that change to a different color when you move the sequence. Google mermaid pillow and you'll see what I mean. Amazon has a great selection. I got one for my niece and my sister said she had been asking for one.

Edited by lynn

Mermaid pillows are quite a popular thing with preteens. They are sequence pillows that change to a different color when you move the sequence. Google mermaid pillow and you'll see what I mean. Amazon has a great selection. I got one for my niece and my sister said she had been asking for one.

Oooh, good idea. We are moving in January and my mom bought all the kids new bedding. So that would be a fun item for her.

Toys R Us currently has several LEGO friends items on sale; the hotel isn't one of them, but there are a couple that are normally 79.99 down to around $50. You could do one of those, or give money toward the hotel. 

Craft kits and art kits, usually hits around that age, are often on sale at Michael's around this time of year. 

An outdoor toy, such as a small trampoline, scooter, or stilts? 

Mermaid blanket?

Wood dollhouse to decorate and put together with parent? 

One of the adult coloring books and a good set of colored pencils or gel pens?