Menu

do you know what

gardenmom5

eye screws  

177 members have voted

1. 1. do you know what an eye screw is?

• I am a woman, I know what an eye screw is.
    • I am a woman, I do not know what an eye screw is.
    • I am a man, I know what an eye screw is.
    • I am a man, I do not know what an eye screw is.
    • I like answering pollls.

Having sex with someone with your eyes. Think creepy ogler.

I was going to say, “probably something a poltician or celebrity has recently been reported for doing.â€

• Like 2

thank you.

I was in the HARDWARE section of a discount store, and asked the MALE clerk where the eye screws were.  he was probably in his 40's.  so, not young.  he didn't know what I was talking about.  when I described them to him, he made some comment indicating he didnt' know what they are and took me to the *cup* screws.  (at least the eye screws were close.)

really?  really?  dude, turn in your man card.

for those who don't know   https://www.bing.com/images/search?q=eye+screw&qpvt=eye+screw&FORM=IGRE

• Like 1

thank you.

I was in the HARDWARE section of a discount store, and asked the MALE clerk where the eye screws were.  he was probably in his 40's.  so, not young.  he didn't know what I was talking about.  when I described them to him, he made some comment indicating he didnt' know what they are and took me to the *cup* screws.  (at least the eye screws were close.)

really?  really?  dude, turn in your man card.

for those who don't know   https://www.bing.com/images/search?q=eye+screw&qpvt=eye+screw&FORM=IGRE

Hmmm... I'm guessing he got the job not because of his great skills with fixing things but because he was a warm body who needed a job?

• Like 1

Do you mean an eye bolt? I have never ever heard of one called an eye screw.

they are not the same thing.  for starters:

bolts is easier to insert, and require a nut to hold it tight

screws have a pointed end to go into the object in a rotating motion, and do not require anything else to secure them.

• Like 1

I replied no but as soon as I saw Lowe's mentioned in the comments, I knew what it was.

When I was a teenager, my dad sent me to get some wood screws from a big jumble of unmarked screws. This was a jumble of random screws that one might collect over a lifetime. I asked him what a wood screw looked like and he was mad and surprised that I couldn't pick out what he wanted. Even today, I still can't tell a metal screw from a wood screw.

No, but I don't have much DIY experience other than putting together various kinds of furniture. I asked DW and she didn't know either, despite having worked as a cabinet maker, and having fixed a lot of stuff around the house (including, but not limited to: installing sub floor and floor, installing *all* the gas and water/sewer plumbing, installing *all* the electrical wiring including the service box, drywall, etc).

And, while I've seen screws like that before, I have NO clue what purpose they serve (I don't know if DW knows their purpose).