Menu

Sock clips?

busymama7

I’d love it if my kids would use these but, since I can’t get them to even just toss their socks in the general direction of the hamper, I highly doubt they would be willing to clip them together as a favor to the laundress.

• Like 2

My mom bought diaper safety pins. They are larger than a standard size, and you can get them in different colors, so each person can have their own color. I haven't looked at clips, but I am guessing safety pins would be cheaper, and they work great (if you can get your family to use them).

ETA: I mention my mom, because she managed to get us to do this, but I haven't tried with my family.

Edited by Storygirl
  • Like 1

Yes these are what I meant. The kind for the laundry. I haven't done it before because I didn't think I could get them to do it but many of them do their own laundry now and are sick of losing socks or having to hunt for them. Even the ones whom I still do their laundry are tired of having to dig in the sock basket for their a pair since o rarely get them sorted 😳. Even if the littlest ones didn't do it but some of the olders did or even for some of their specific ones it would help.

I’d love it if my kids would use these but, since I can’t get them to even just toss their socks in the general direction of the hamper, I highly doubt they would be willing to clip them together as a favor to the laundress.

See here the socks are *their* problem not mine. I don't sort socks let alone pair them. Just too many for me to keep up. So I think that would motivate them. They are sick of not being able to find both socks of certain pairs. Most of their casual socks are the exact same so no pairing up. But others end up separated and searching for them is a big pain.

The only person organized enough to use this is my husband.

See here the socks are *their* problem not mine. I don't sort socks let alone pair them. Just too many for me to keep up. So I think that would motivate them. They are sick of not being able to find both socks of certain pairs. Most of their casual socks are the exact same so no pairing up. But others end up separated and searching for them is a big pain.

At my house each of my boys got a unique color or brand until they were able/willing to deal with it. No sorting into pairs because they all matched! 

• Like 2

The only person organized enough to use this is my husband.

Strangely enough, ADHD that he surely has notwithstanding, my DH did learn to use these early in our marriage and still does. It’s actually kind of amazing. This is the man who, when I met him, had two general piles of clothing on his floor - “clean†pile, dirty pile.

We have solved the sock problem a different way. Each family member has one kind of socks. Simple. All black ladies' goldtoe socks are mine. No pairing needed. Plus, it's no problem if a sock gets lost, since each sock can be paired with any of its many siblings.

Edited by regentrude

We have solved the sock problem a different way. Each family member has one kind of socks. Simple. All black ladies' goldtoe socks are mine. No pairing needed. Plus, it's no problem if a sock gets lost, since each sock can be paired with any of its many siblings.

Yes we do this too. But it is the dress socks or sports socks or any other random socks that get separated in the wash and they either really want or need, like for a game. I think after dealing with the lost ones for so long they would be motivated to clip them together to save the hassle.