Menu

Another stocking stuffers question

Night Elf

To wrap or not to wrap? Do you wrap each individual item or just put them in unwrapped? I've never wrapped stocking stuffers but I'm wondering if the kids would get a kick out of doing it. They are 19, 21, and two 25 year olds. I wouldn't wrap DH's because I'm sure he won't wrap mine. :)

It's fun but Santa's elves have more energy some years than others. Give your dh or dc some wrapping paper and ask them to help the elves wrap your presents. It's fun to use different paper for each person. I like kid paper that they would have liked when they were younger. Have fun!

I wrap about half the things.  If it's easy to wrap or tissue paper, I usually do.  If it's oddly shaped, forget it.  I wrap fewer things for the little kids, because they tear through theirs.  I wrap more things for the adults, because we open our stockings leisurely while the kids are playing with Santa's presents.

I like the fact that I'm using up odds and ends of paper that would otherwise be rattling around in my wrapping supplies.

• Like 1

I've never wrapped the stocking items.  But I hate wrapping gifts, so the fewer the better.

My husband's family wrapped stocking gifts, but didn't wrap Santa gifts. The first year we visited his folks at Christmas with our child, I was shocked to see them putting unwrapped gifts under the tree.  My mother had always used special paper (it was actually wallpaper she'd gotten free somehow) for Santa gifts.   

Just more variations on the wrapping theme.

I didn't wrap until they became teenagers. By then there wasn't a lot of wow under the tree so wrapping stockings made it feel more fun. 

This is my thinking and why I asked. This is the first time in 3 years that I will have wrapped gifts under the tree. I chose one present for each family member but they aren't wow gifts so I thought unwrapping stocking stuffers might be fun. I have 1 toy and socks or gloves for each stocking so I can see wrapping that but I don't think I should wrap the candy or protein bars.

Wrap everything. Anything and everything is in danger of being wrapped around here.

I just can't wrap my mind around gifts that aren't wrapped, be they in the stocking or not! What's the fun in that?

I had no idea that Santa doesn't wrap gifts or stocking stuffers for some families until my sister got married. It turns out BIL grew up in a "Santa doesn't wrap" family. To me, that takes some of the fun out of Christmas. It's so fun to try to guess what's in each package. I must be right because Santa wraps in their house too!

• Like 1

I do a mix.  I wrap the things that are somewhat easy to wrap and skip those items that are very difficult.  Although I have been known to make little pouches out of wrapping paper to hold Hershey Kisses.   :closedeyes:

The stockings are what our kids get to open while the rest of us are still waking up in the morning.  I can't have them rip through it too fast, we need time for a cup of tea.    Usually it includes some socks and underwear (individually wrapped), some candy (some may be wrapped), gift cards (wrapped), and whatever random stuff they are getting that year that fits.